View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
I have heard great things about McLemore and Jamari Traylor from the practices. Would have been great having them this year for quality depth, but I'm not going to argue with the season's outcome. They should definitely make an impact next season though. Braeden Anderson was the third 2011 recruit you are thinking of, but he elected to go to Fresno State after he was found ineligible.

As for the 2012 class, Andrew White (SF) and Perry Ellis (PF) will definitely have a shot at playing though I'm really interested to see the battle between Traylor and Ellis. Landen Lucas (C) and Zach Peters (PF) will be two more bodies in the post and will be interesting to see how they mature under Self. Anrio Adams (SG) is the only guard coming in and should battle for some playing time with soon to be sophomore (Nadiir Tharpe).

Overall, KU should be solid next season with starters Travis Releford, Elijah Johnson and Jeff Withey returning. They are going to miss Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor obviously, but Bill Self is a smart guy who will squeeze out as much productivity from these guys as possible. It will definitely be another tough coaching job where they are going to have to hope some of the returners improve their game as Taylor and Robinson did this season.

I'll ask the really dumb question: who is going to be our PG next year?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote