View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

My list of audiobooks is on GR at http://www.goodreads.com/review/list...ok&sort=rating

There are some that are definitely "Kristin" books, but ones I liked and would recommend to others:
A Song of Ice and Fire books (audio is great, love the narrator!)
Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow (narrator really added to this one for me, far superior to print)
Andy Carpenter books (lawyer/mystery series with a dog-loving lawyer and a great narrator...even if the main character IS a Yankee fan and the narrator sounds like a typical New Yorker...hehehe)
Ready Player One (80's throwback narrated by Wil Wheaton, MUST be listened to at 1.5x for him to be tolerable as a narrator in my experience)
Confessions of an Economic Hitman (nonfiction but I was gripped and it usually isn't my thing)
Shadow Divers (nonfiction and there seems to be some "controversy" on the accuracy but again, I was totally sucked in)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy narrated by Stephen Fry (he's just so. damn. good)
Ceepak mysteries (not as good as the Andy Carpenter books, more police-y but still entertaining)
Solaris: The Definitive Edition (apparently the Lem family was disgusted with the English translation of the print book, they consider the audiobook to be the "correct" version)
Bossy Pants (Tina Fey is so damn smart)

Yeah those are some of my favorites, but you can see my feelings on GR....

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote