View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #11
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Greetings from North Carolina! Just logged in to NCAA and the BCS is jacked up like crazy. If Stanford can beat USC this week (please please please) then the BCS will most likely explode. Here are the BCS rankings:

1. USC 1.000
2. Purdue 0.994
3. Maryland 0.986
4. Kentucky 0.986
5. West Virginia 0.976

It's the weirdest thing. WVa and Maryland swapped places this week. I guess WVA is finally being punished for a lackluster schedule. It's the weirdest thing though, because none of the top 5 schedules are really that impressive. Even my brutal SEC schedule has me at 10-0 with only TWO wins versus the top 25. I will hopefully get another in the SEC title game, but we'll see.

My Kentucky squad is a distant 3rd in the media poll and a distant 4th in the coaches poll. At this point it appears that the spots in the championship game are there for USC and Purdue if they win out. They both have enough of a lead that they should play in the title game should everyone keep on winning. Hopefully the Cardinal will stick it to USC and throw a huge wrench in the BCS.

Remaining schedules:

USC: @ Stanford (8-2), vs Notre Dame (3-6), @ #16 UCLA (8-1)

Purdue: @ Iowa (3-7), vs Indiana (8-2)

Maryland: vs UNC (5-4), vs #24 Florida State (7-2), at Boston College (3-6), ACC Title Game

Kentucky: vs Vanderbilt (2-7), @ Tennessee (5-5), SEC Title Game

West Virginia: @ Louisville (7-2), @ #15 Pitt (8-0), vs USF (2-7)
-------
USC has by far the toughest schedule remaining. After that, I would have to say that W. Va. has the 2nd toughest. But the Big East isn't that strong, so I guess it's all relative. The conference title games for Maryland & Kentucky loom large.

Does it seem like Purdue is a lock to win out? They will probably make the title game should that happen. It just seems like it's destined to happen, but I guess IU could pull the upset in a rivalry game.

I will play my game either Monday or Tuesday. I won't be around much since I'm visiting family. I'm just glad I'm playing Vanderbilt since I'm not playing in my game room at home
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote