View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #410
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
One of the few times I think it's OK to be a little selfish is for your wedding. Note, it's not acceptable to be selfish to the point of being a d-bag (or a bride "witch" or its male equivalent), but who doesn't want a perfect wedding day?

/tk

Eh, I'm of the opinion that wanting over the "perfect" wedding day is meaningless. Or at least counterproductive.

I mean...either it puts unrealistic expectations on the rest of the marriage to live up to the day of its inception, or you run yourself so ragged worrying about it that you can't enjoy it for what it is.

Way I see it is, if the bride and groom both show up, the officiant gets their names right, and neither party breaks down in drunken "oh my God what have I done" recriminations at the reception, you're playing with house money at that point.

Besides, half the people at the wedding will probably have to go to other weddings in their lifetime, and if yours is THE perfect day, it devalues all those other couples' weddings. That's just heartless.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote