View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #339
Radii
Head Coach

The stud AMR that I'm going after gets an "11th hour offer" so i've got some competition. This guy becomes the first player that I've literally pulled out every trick I've got for. He was asking for $2900/wk and I offered it, but after seeing the competition, I'm $8k/wk under budget and I want this player more than I've ever wanted anyone that I've gone after due to the combination of talent/scouting and need... I bump him up to a Key Player and offer him the maximum the board will allow, $3500/wk. He's not like... a guy that's going to singlehandedly win me games, but he's strong in every area I care about and this has been a problem position for years for me. Its the only position where I've started a loaner consistently for 3+ years.

I'm starting to regret letting Aiden Downes go outright.

League Cup Draw

We are going to have to go on the road to League 1 side Swindon Town for the league cup this year. I guess it'd be ok to just get it over with, but these cup games if I can get an extra round and a home game out of them provide some nice revenue.

Friendly #1

Our first friendly is against a random Argentinian side that gives us good money. This is just a bad team though. We lead 4-1 at the half and win 6-1. Harsanyi scores 2 goals and is man of the match. Other goals come from Middleton, Taylor, Colin and Subotic. N'Diaye and O'Sullivan each have 2 assists, Ferry and Paterson 1 each. We tried to get everyone on the roster 1 half of play here to get warmed up a little.

-- We announce a $450,000 loss last season. We hope to do better this year. Maybe if we're highly successful. I don't really expect to do better this year, as long as the board lets me lose a bit of money I'm going to keep spending what I feel I need to.

New Signing

After much fanfare, we get our man. Welcome 27 y/o AMR Dany N'Guessan to Woking. Now there is a downside here. Dany is a frenchman. But he has British Nationality and believe it'll work out just fine. I compared N'Guessan to last year's AMR starter Charlie Kenny and N'Guessan is superior in almost every way. He's got very solid pace(14) and accelleration(13), both keys for my attacking mids who I want to make their way up the lines quickly to create offense. He's strong(15) and should be difficult to take off the ball. Solid flair(13), aggression(13) and creativity(10), good off the ball(10) play should hopefully see him finding ways to both create and score goals from time to time. He can shoot from range as good as most anyone at this level(11), dribbles very well for this level(13), and is an acceptable passer(10) and crosser(11).

As I said before, he's not a super stud, but my scouts instantly fell in love with the guy, and my supreme need for an AMR made me trust my scouts and fall in love with him too. We beat out Notts Co, another league 2 side, to sign him. He's the first guy I've ever offered a straight up Max contract to outbid another team for. Hopefully he proves to be worth the money.

N'Guessan spent the last 4 years in league 1 with MK Dons and Southend, putting up 6.8 ratings in a higher leave while getting noticible playtime (33 games last year, 41 three years ago).

Ed Upson is valued at $60k, N'Guessan comes in as my second most valuable player at $45k (tied with Ogogo and Harsanyi actually). Again I know value isn't a direct correlation to skill, but that's 3 every day starters and 3 of the highest rated players on the pitch with a lot of consistency, so I'm pretty pleased to see that.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote