View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 04:11 PM   #308
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I've been willing to move for a like seat so families can sit together (I think I've done that a couple of times), but there's no way I would give up a seat I paid more for unless it was some sort of unusual situation. We haven't seen that too much in the past, but with the constant segmentation of planes these days to maximize revenue, it's going to become more common.

Now United (not sure about other carriers) has this cute thing where they're splitting up regular economy into another group. Not economy plus and economy - just regular economy - the back half or third of the plane. The last few rows are free but if you want a window or aisle seat, you have to pay like $20. So if you get a seat less than a month or two away, those freebie seats are gone so if you want to sit together instead of like 4 consecutive middle seats - you have to pay extra just to do that, even with a regular economy fare (not basic economy).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote