View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Sultanate of Oman

Long may Sultan Mahzum Nabhan reign! His 14 year old heir is strong, Sulayman Nabhan.

Our Bedouin state welcomes foreigners and trade, while we celebrate our Shi’ite traditions.

I am the Dapir of the Sultanate. We are nested along the coast of the great Arabian Peninsula, land of great wonders and mysteries. It is a land both harsh and welcoming.

I have served the Nabhans for more than 20 years. My family’s inheritance is to serve in the role of Dapir, the great scribe and advisor to our nation. Our current Sultan is not the most capable scion of his family. He has just 1/1/2 skills. (Admin, Diplo, Military). But we have high hopes for Sulayman.

Oman is a great and mighty nation, divided into five districts. We are lucky to be free of many of the local squabbles, so we can get involved when we want, but we can also ignore our neighbors and focus on trade, building, and exploration. Our family has several dreams for the nation.

1) We need an alliance with a major power.
2) We want to become the premier trading nation in the Indian Ocean. There are many great nations along the area, but we want to be the dominant one.
3) We have to control a proper navy in order to meet our goals.
4) We would like to colonize the Indian Ocean.
5) We need to fend off the overly hostile Yemen. They are blatantly seeking our elimination. Probably because they are Sunni.
6) Similarly, the adjacent Najd is also very aggressively looking towards us. Both neighbors are Sunni, and it gets a little too hot here.
7) We eventually want to see Mecca in Shi’ite hands.
8) In light of these things, it seems necessary to build our nation militarily, as well as diplomatically.
9) Nearby one province nation Haasa is Shi-ite as well, and could be a good early ally.

And with Allah’s help, we will accomplish these things!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote