View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #629
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ready for the Taca da Portugal Final?

I make no changes to the squad for today’s Taca da Portugal final with Porto. After a fast start by both teams, things slow down quickly with no goals to show. Then Rocker intercepts a poor pass ot a fullback buts he’s way of line of the goal, so he hits Stepinski for a score in the 28th. A beautiful Porto offense is stopped by the upper cross bar, another by Ruiz. Let’s start hassling/marking more, we need to knock Porto off their rhythem before they score. I have sent those orders, and just waiting for them to make the change when Porto score in the 39th before I sent them in. I was feeling it. 1-1. Rosano grabs a knock just before the half. Then in injury time, Driussi lifts an IFK to Strandberg, where the ball is nicked, falls back to Montesi, who finishes it. 2-1 us at the half. Make sure our hands are on the trophy!!! Early in the 2nd I decide to sub out Rosano for Teikeu. We’ve had several shots close range go begging, too many defenders or great goaltending. Remember we have the best two GKs on the pitch today – both had 13 out of 30 clean sheets - they allowed 24 goals us 22. Finally we seal a kick from the side as Komorski finds Driussi in the center, but this time the close range shot hits the bulleyes. We score in the 73rd minute. I dispatch Rui P to replace him. Late, I send in Agra. Portro put together a lovely flowing move and score at the 91:47 mark. We hold on and win 3-2. Mom is Driussi. CONGRATS!!!

That is our quadruple. We have gotten all three Cups and the Liga. One of my last goals is complete.

David Rosano will be out for a few weeks with a twisted knee. He will miss the Champions League Final.

I win Manager of the Year

I accept a job interview from FC Bayern Munchen

I decline the talks that my board propose to prevent me from leaving.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-11-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote