View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #56
Izulde
Head Coach

Gianluca Gracco is drawing a ton of praise from the press and Max Crocombe just keeps getting better and better in training.

@Altrincham (12th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DC Samuel Bangura
DR Matthew Challoner
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

Best lineup we've had in quite a few games, with Parmenter back from injury.

1 - Challoner throws it into Harris, and a short, looping pass to McNish later, the goal's in and the early lead's ours. 1-0

16 - Yellow for Bangura

We're doing well at the half. Both goalies have made some awesome saves to keep this a one score game. Dixon comes on for Parmenter, Taaffe slides to MR and Yeoman hops on at striker.

64 - Wow! For the second straight game, an opponent's sent off with a red for elbowing one of our boys in the face! Seems like teams are really fearing us and have to play dirty to try and win.

72 - In what I swear was the longest header of all time, Sharpe flies it all the way down the pitch for Gracco, who bonks it down for control, dribbles forward a bit, and then aces it home for the insurance goal! So pretty! 2-0

81 - Challoner hits a moonshot and McNish is there to send a powerful header quite a ways away from the goal, and yet, it somehow goes in. Wow, we are *really* up for this one... literally. 3-0

Although McNish wins Man of the Match with a 9.2 rating, I really feel like Crocombe (8.3) deserved it. He made so many amazing saves when it was still a 1-0 score that it was incredible. 8.1 for Challoner, 7.9 for Sanchez, 7.8 for Sharpe, 8.3 for Gracco as we really took advantage of the power play in the second half, unlike last game.

Better yet, Forest Green lost, so now the gap narrows to 4 points, and our +23 GD is better than anyone in the league except for 7th place Macclesfield with 47 points, +29 GD and a game in hand to our 51.

Nabil Guedioura impresses in training, but Ian Gay is warning me that he needs more first time experience or his growth will be stunted. Fair point and time to transfer list Ashley Yeoman then.

Gianluca Gracco, Callum McNish, Tom Sharpe, and Max Crocombe all make Team of the Week.

An offer's in for De'Jaune Taylor-Crossdale to go on loan for 3 months to Gloucester. They're fighting a relegation battle, so I figure why not?

Checking In Other Loan Players
GK Liam Priestley - 11 apps for Bromley - 6.45 rating (7th in league, a point out of playoff spot)
DR Gareth Lee - 15 apps for Leamington - 6.42 rating and in need of a rest. Still better than last's year 6.26 rating in 10 games for the same team
ST Jack Jeffrey - 16 apps for Leamington - 6 goals, 1 assist - 6.35 rating and in need of a rest
DC Jordan Smith - 7 apps for Wealdstone - 1 goal - 6.53 rating (3rd in league) so Priestley and Smith are on opposites, and now DJTC will join them.

Ashley Yeoman really wants to stay at the club, but sorry kid. Your salary demands are ridiculous, and you're our third striker. I tell him the club needs money and he goes all aggro and asks me if I'm trying to make things worse.

...Excuse me? So I tell him he's being unprofessional, so then he's like You haven't left me with much choice, you wanker. So I tell him we should continue it at another time and he tells me he's not at all happy with how I've handled it.

Fuck.you.

...Um, what?

Yeah... here's my thoughts on that, asshole Ashley.

Oh now this is interesting.

Dartford wants Ashley Yeoman on a 3 month loan and they'll pay 90% of his salary for those three months. Other teams are reportedly interested including Barrow and Mansfield, though those two want him for transfer. But I don't want to loan him, I want to transfer him, and I'm willing to do it at a discounted rate of $6k, even though he's worth $28k.

Dartford withdraws the offer upon my asking for a transfer rather than a loan. Mansfield will consider it if I lower my demands. Considering they're 6th in the league, that's a big fuck no.

Let's try $3k and see what happens.

Mansfield is offering me no money and I'll still have to pay his contract? Fuck that.

Samuel Bangura impresses in training.

vs Gatehead (11th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Tom Sharpe
DC Leon Clowes
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

It's my 100th game in charge of Brackley and for the first time in a long time, we have our total and complete preferred lineup in charge, Izak Reid finally back from injury. We've dropped to 3rd, as we didn't play on the last BS Premier day.

4 - Beautiful run by McNish after a pass from Taaffe, and the authoritative strike is in! Wow, our Irish left midfielder has been scorching the last few games. 1-0

9 - Sanchez starts an attack with a terrific dispossession, but the McNish to Gracco pass goes for naught when the Italian Stallion blows an easy goal as he often does.

12 - And this is why I don't get mad at him. Harris plays a perfectly pristine pass and Gracco grabs it, gunning it in goal. 2-0

26 - Taaffe taps a pretty one to Harris who has the goal wide open in front of him, but a weak kick robs us of the sitter. Our ensuing corner comes up empty, too.

32 - Yellow for Parmenter

Great. Parmenter and Sanchez both get hurt shortly before the half ends, so I immediately pull them in favor of Wickham and Bangura.

69 - This is how dominant we've been this game. It takes until almost the 70 minute mark for Gateshead to put up any highlights on offense, but we fend it off and the two straight corners that follow to stay clean.

72 - I really thought that was in by Taaffe

82 - Yellow for Harris

We keep the pressure on right up until the final whistle, and nearly scored another one a couple times.

8.1 for Lewis Taaffe as PoM, 7.7s for McNish, Harris, and Clowes in a textbook performance by our guys.

Still in third, but with a game in hand on Forest Green and Exeter, who we're behind 4 points and 2 points, respectively.

vs Wrexham (7th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Tom Sharpe
DC Leon Clowes
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

5 - Early yellow for Harris in what is a key game for position in the league.

19 - Yeah, we're playing like crap today. 0-1

30 - Holy shit! Okay, so Harris passes it to Clucas, right? Or maybe it was Parmenter in there somehow... anyway, Clucas is on the far side of the post and crosses it to the left side where I'm thinking it's going to be wasted, and out of nowhere, Gianluca Gracco and a defender come racing, and the Italian Stallion does this awesome freaking sliding kick that sends him, the defender, and the ball all into the goal! Wow, just W-O-W wow! 1-1

38 - That amazeballs goal appears to have fired everyone up, because while we were sluggish and hum-drum before it, now suddenly people are playing faster and with fiery purpose. We get another shot opportunity thanks to a McNish-Parmenter-Gracco chain, but the shot's rejected... but Parmenter's there for the go-ahead goal on the rebound! 2-1

Taaffe is having a garbage game so he's pulled for Guedioura. Sanchez *was* having an equally stinky showing, but got his head out of his ass after that fabulous first goal so he stays in.

49 - Perfect dropshot by Harris in front of Gracco, who delivers for his second goal of the game. Love watching the Italian Stallion play. 3-1

66 - Harris again with the excellent play, racing down the sideline on a counter and sending it to Guedioura. The Algerian threads it through three defenders and into the goal! They're calling it his first senior goal, which doesn't make sense because he's scored for us, unless they mean first league goal, which would. Either way, just a lovely play. 4-1

80 - Yellow for Parmenter and he's tired anyway, so on comes Wickham

84 - A second yellow for their own Harris and it's early bath, like what, 10 minutes before everyone else? In case you're keeping track at home, that's our third straight game an opponent has gone off early.

7.7 for Clucas, 7.9 for Parmenter, 8.7 for Harris, 7.7 for McNish, and 9.0 for Player of the Match Gracco, of course.

I don't know what a ding-dong battle is, but we took the spoils in it. Oh yeah, and that's also Leon Clowes' old club we just waxed despite being underdogs at home.

Still third, still with a game in hand, but now we're 2 points out of 1st place. Media is saying we're still a fluke and disrespecting us, but hell... that's been going on all year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 02-14-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote