View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #59
Izulde
Head Coach

That draw broke our attendance record again, this time going from 881 to 910, so an appreciable jump.

@Dover (14th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Ashley Yeoman
ST Nabil Guedioura

Things are starting to improve on the injury front, and I just have we have the Skillz to defeat Dover at Crabble.

20 - Sketchy offsides call to negate a goal for us.

We've been in control, but largely playing terrible, if that makes sense. Time to light a halftime fire under them. Clowes is freaked out by the ripping, so I move Bangura to the left side and insert Reid.

64 - Reed on for Guedioura

82 - Knock for Bangura

Both defenses played a sensational game in this one other than the iffy disallowed goal, so yeah, we should have gotten the win here by that margin. It's that kind of game again where Clucas' 7.4 is good enough for Player of the Match.

More injuries, as Samuel Bangura is out 4 to 5 weeks. We've had a terrible rash of them at the worst part of the year, and to key players to boot. Fortunately, Mansfield drew at home vs Portsmouth so we're still leading the league.

...Um, what?

Fuck the FA!

@Hereford (21st)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Ben Nunn
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Ashley Yeoman
ST Nabil Guedioura

42 - Yeah, because we don't have enough fucking problems with striker injuries and injuries overall, Yeoman takes a knock.

43 - We're taking a lot of long, useless shots because I'm not able to give instructions. And the relegation likely cows should've scored here, but shank it. Fuck the FA.

60 - Terrible pass by Crocombe and though I swear the fucker was offsides, they fucking score. 0-1

What a pathetic fucking game. All of our shots were long-range, so if my Work the Ball into the Box instruction was on, we would've won this one.

We still hold on to first place, but now Wrexham is just a point behind us.

Guess what? Ashley Yeoman is fucking out another god damned 6 to 7 fucking weeks. Fuck the injury rash

Ian Gay tells me to rip Hereford's poor pitch to the media to make our players feel less responsible for that shitstain loss. Good idea, so I do, and mock the Cows' manager while I'm at it.

In happier news, Lewis Taaffe is finally back to full training.

Good trains
Tom Sharpe
Sergio Sanchez
Courtney Harris

Bad trains
Max Crocombe
Brad Varney

We lost $22.8k last month.

vs Ebbsfleet (13th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Lewis Taaffe
ST Nabil Guedioura

Gracco should be back by next game, as he started training again just before this contest.

1 - It's so good to have one of our best strikers back. McNish passes it to Taaffe, who I think is going to shoot, but instead he makes the brilliant move to pass it to the other side of the post where a running Clucas is there to literally walk it in. 1-0

6 - Parmenter gets into a back and forth with a defender in the box, by gets the last steal and passes it to Taaffe, who shoots it in like he didn't just miss a month and a half of soccer! 2-0

30 - McNish chases down a loose ball on the left flank and crosses it to the far post. Charging like a bull, Harris makes a Goldberg-Spear style header at the goal and it's in! 3-0

33 - Long-range free kick goal. 3-1

35 - Are you fucking kidding me right now?! A knock for McNish

Hoban on for McNish at the half because there's no way I'm going to risk it getting even worse than it already is.

49 - Yellow for Clowes

71 - A poor pass back allows Guedioura to steal the ball, dash forward, and shoot... ...and it bounces off, but he sticks with it, gets a second chance opportunity and makes it!! 4-1

72 - With the game now well in hand, I can sit Taaffe and put it in Reed.

Prior to this smashing victory, we'd only had 1 win in the last 5 games, so this was a crucial get. Clucas wins Player of the Match with an 8.5 rating and it's 7.8 for Harris, 7.6 for Parmenter, 7.7 for Guedioura, and 8.2 for Taaffe. Been a while since we've seen lines like that.

Gainsborough and Colwyn Bay are officially relegated. Sure fucking enough, Callum McNish is out 5 to 6 weeks. UGH!

We're now tied on goal differential with Mansfield, but are only 2 points ahead of them, and still just 1 point ahead of Wrexham. 4 ahead of Portsmouth and 5 ahead of Forest Green. We're also 10 points ahead of 6th place Exeter with 7 games left to play, so while we have no room for error in terms of winning this thing, we do have a buffer for promotion playoffs.

But of course, I want the trophy now that we've come this far.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 02-16-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote