View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #60
Izulde
Head Coach

Rightfully deserved that Lewis Taaffe makes it to the Team of the Week. He should have won Player of the Match, because his return instantly sparked us.

@Colwyn Bay (Relegated)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Ben Nunn
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Kieran Martin
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Claudiu Hoban
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Jake Reed

Always dangerous to be on the road to a team that has absolutely nothing to lose.

11 - On his first game back, Gracco fakes out the opposition and passes to the left post, where Martin's all alone and comes in for the cool shot and goal. 1-0

34 - Pressure by Reed causes an Own Goal for Colwyn Bay. What an absolute disaster this season has been for them. 2-0

41 - Gracco patrols outside the box before passing it to Hoban, who, by the way I got ridiculed for saying he was my replacement pick for McNish, and the Romanian himself did not feel worthy... anyway, he centers it, and Reed kicks the ball through a seam to put it in and finally end his goal drought! 3-0

Yeah let's just keep this going for now.

74 - We'll victory lap it with Binns in at ML and Solkhon at DR, Reid moving up to MR

89 - Yellow for Nunn

7.8 for Sanchez, 7.5 for Nunn, 7.6 for Clucas, 8.2 for Player of the Match Martin, 8.0 for Reed

Upset loss for Wrexham means we're now 2 points ahead of Mansfield and even on goal differential with them, 4 points up on Wrexham, 5 on Forest Green, 7 on Portsmouth, and 12 on 6th place, which has now changed hands with Macclesfield. 6 more games to go and we're getting closer to locking up at least playoffs.

De'Jaune Taylor-Crossdale comes back on loan from Gloucester. He made 12 appearances, scored 2 goals, and had a 6.54 rating. But he goes right back out on loan for 2 months to Klingstonian in the Blue Square South.

Youth Candidates
Only two guys worth talking about - MR Leigh Wade, who could turn into a pretty good player, and ST Jason O'Dea, who won't get a contract because we're loaded with striker prospects as it is.

@Exeter (7th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Claudiu Hoban
MR Courtney Harris
ST Lewis Taaffe
ST Jake Reed

Going to be a tough fight, but an important one. Well, every game from here on out is important, but winning here greatly damage their playoff promotion hopes while hopefully coming close to securing our own spot.

4 - Their goalie has nervous hands with the ball and we've already had numerous shots at it in two highlights. This one sees us with three different chances on rebounds before Clucas finally gets it in. 1-0

13 - Yellow for Clucas

42 - Fucking ugh. 1-1

We've been the better team by far, but that fucking stupid late allowance screwed things up. Reed is having a terrible game, so he's pulled for Guedioura.

54 - What the fuck kind of shot was that, Harris?! Great pass from Clucas and you should have DESTROYED THE GOAL, not fucking kicked it right at the fucking keeper!!

56 - WTF Hoban?!?! Guedioura sets it up perfectly for you and you do the same fucking thing as Harris just did?!?!

57 - There's some crazy hockey-style mugging of our boys going down in the box and finally the ref calls the penalty. Exeter's wigging out but it's well deserved. My boy Crocombe calmly jogs over from our goal and blasts it in for the lead! 2-1

82 - Unfuckingbelievable, and yes I actually just fucking shouted that at my god damned fucking screen. Sanchez misses a jumper and they hit the long range goal. 2-2 Out goes Clowes for Nunn

NO SHIT WE FEEL WE MIGHT HAVE WON THIS FUCKING GAME!

And yep, we just fucking lost the top spot to Mansfield on fucking goal differential 1 fucking goal differential

Want to know what's even better? Taylor Parmenter is out 4 weeks a week later

Exeter breaks Luton Town's FA Trophy streak. Look at all the fucks I do not give.

Jordan Smith goes on loan to Bath. We bring in MLR Christian Nanetti on loan just as a stopgap measure at the deadline.

vs Chester (19th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Kieran Martin
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Claudiu Hoban
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

We need a win here, and should expect one.

1 - Yellow for Gracco

36 - We're playing sloppy, with awful passing and finishing. Disgusting. Yellow for Sanchez here, by the way.

43 - Oh look, another fucking knock for Gracco like WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MOTHERFUCKING STRIKING INJURIES YOU FUCKING WHORE'S GET OF A GAME!

A lot of halftime shuffles - Guedioura on for Gracco, Sanchez to DM, Bangura to DC, and Reid at DR, with Martin going off.

70 - Remember last game when Hoban fucked up an easy goal? Well, here he redeems himself by getting first to an open ball in the six yard box following a deflection and kicking it in. 1-0

Our play improved dramatically in the second half, and though it was an ugly one with Sharpe's Player of the Match-winning 8.0 the lone highlight, we got the 3 points and secure ourselves a playoff spot.

Gianluca Gracco is out 4 to 5 weeks

940 people attended that match against Chester, breaking our attendance record again.

We're still in 2nd, still behind on 1 fucking goal differential. Also still 4 points up on Wrexham, 6 on Forest Green, and 8 on Portsmouth with 4 to play.

[b]Elvis Hammond[/b and Aaron Cooke are retiring at the end of the season - Hammond from playing and Cooke from being our physio.

Good trains
Courtney Harris
Nabil Guedioura
Elvis Hammond

Bad trains
Dale Binns
Lewis Taaffe
Elliott James

I finish second in Manager of the Month voting to Mansfield, which makes sense.

We lost $45.1k last month.

vs Gainsborough (Relegated)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Ben Nunn
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Ryan Woodford
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Christian Nanetti
MR Izak Reid
ST Lewis Taaffe
ST Nabil Guedioura

We have to manage this very carefully, because we have Forest Green two days after this, so after a lot of thought, this is the lineup I'm going to go with.

10 - Yellow for Clucas

16 - Guedioura passes it to Taaffe[/b, who elects for a spin move and pass back to Clucas. A half-circle pass later, Nanetti's got the surprise shot and score on his debut! 1-0

22 - Clucas to Guedioura to Taaffe and GOAAAAAL!!! 2-0

33 - Clucas steals the ball in the box and kicks it in for the goal and temporary possession of first place!!! 3-0

Every goal matters right now, so we're not going to let up at all.

50 - Bangura bangs a long ball that I think is a goal kick, but no it's a perfect pass to Reid! The follow-up is a center to Guedioura who waits to set himself, then kicks it home!!!! 4-0

78 - Want to know why I haven't made any subs? Because we're fucking kicking ass, and here's Reid on the right wing making a second straight beautiful pass to Guedioura who is full of confidence and fire right now and snags his second goal of the game. 5-0

Statement.fucking.win.

How dominant? 7.2, 7.6 and 7.8 are the lowest ratings.

8+ Ratings
Nabil Guedioura - 9.5 (Player of the Match)
Seanan Clucas - 8.6
Izak Reid - 8.3
Lewis Taaffe - 8.2
Christian Nanetti - 8.1
Ben Nunn - 8.0

Wrexham secures a playoff spot and Stockport is relegated.

3 games left. +2 GD advantage on Mansfield. Still 4 points ahead of Wrexham. We can finish no worse than 4th, and with another win, we're no worse than 3rd.

vs Forest Green (4th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Izak Reid
DM Kieran Martin
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Claudiu Hoban
MR Courtney Harris
ST Lewis Taaffe
ST Jake Reed

Taaffe is only at 87%, but we've shown that our offense falls apart without either him or Gracco in there. A win here, and we lock up at least 3rd place. Draw or lose, and chaos starts happening.

6 - Yellow for Taaffe

26 - Broghammer, a guy I really, really wanted but couldn't bring because of money, scores on us. 0-1

31 - Yellow for Clucas

33 - Yellow for Sanchez

43 - Yellow for Reed

44 - Reed's forced off with injury and it's Guedioura in.

Look, we're playing like shit this half and I tear them new assholes over it. We're in 2nd place now because Mansfield and Wrexham are both winning, and fuck that shit.

66 - Yellow for Hoban and Nanetti goes on for him.

Clowes and Guedioura pick up yellows as well and fuck this game. We got fined $2.1k for 7 players receiving yellows? FUCK YOU, ASSHOLES! IT WAS THE FUCKING COCKGOBBLING REFS THAT FUCKING SCREWED US!!!!

So remember that goal differential? Gone back to Mansfield and we're 3 points behind with 2 games left. Guess we're doing the fucking playoffs then.

Gianluca Gracco is shortlisted for BS Premier Player of the Year, but has no shot at winning.

@Woking (17th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Kieran Martin
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Ashley Yeoman
ST Lewis Taaffe

We're almost back up to full strength, but at this point, it doesn't really matter. Our hopes of auto-promotion are all but dead.

7 - Fuck you, ref. We were onside.

9 - You can't call that McNish strike offsides, asshole. Long-range! 1-0

16 - Harris steals the ball inside the box after shadowing the defender for a long time, then passes it to the opposite post where Yeoman awaits the emphatic short goal. 2-0

28 - We're playing angry now. Taaffe's on the right wing and he centers it for a sliding Yeoman to literally tackle the ball in for his second goal of the game. 3-0

36 - Yellow for Bangura

As of the half, Forest Green and Wrexham are both losing. We're only 1 point ahead of Wrexham going into this one, and 5 ahead of FUFG. So with a win and losses by both of them, we can secure 2nd place.

43 - Yellow for Clucas, which means he won't be playing in the last game. Ouch.

49 - Beautiful booming kick by Bangura to Taaffe, but he's rapetackled in the box for the clear penalty. Woking laughably thinks it isn't, but it so is, and Yeoman's given the chance for a hat trick here.... and he converts! 4-0

56 - Another stupid pass by Crocombe. Should've cost a goal but didn't. Nanetti comes on for McNish.

58 - Yellow for Sanchez

86 - Ugh. And there's the double yellow for Clucas. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Minimum 7.2 for our starters, highlighted by Ashley Yeoman's 9.6 and Lewis Taaffe's 8.0.

Okay, here's the situation.

With one game left
Mansfield - 89 points - +47
Brackley - 88 points - +48
Wrexham - 87 points - +27

Scenarios in which Mansfield wins
Win in the final game
Tie with Brackley tie or loss
Brackley loss

Scenarios in which Brackley wins
Win and Mansfield tie or loss
Tie and Mansfield loss

Scenarios in which Wrexham wins
Win and Mansfield and Brackley losses

Seanan Clucas is banned for 2 games, so we really need to win and get some Mansfield help in the final game.

Nabil Guedioura is sent home with a virus. He's done for the season, I think.

Samuel Bangura and Max Crocombe are praised for their training results.

@Macclesfield (6th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Kieran Martin
DM Taylor Parmenter
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Ashley Yeoman
ST Lewis Taaffe

Well, we sure as shit didn't get any favors in the final game draw. Mansfield is at Forest Green and Wrexham has the easiest matchup of all at Braintree. The other two teams have opponents with nothing to play for. We have a squad that can still get into the promotion playoffs by beating us.

It's all down to this. Let's go. We're not favored, so I tell the team just to relax.

We have several opportunities in the first half, but just miss converting any of them. Not that it matters because Mansfield is having an easy time of it against Forest Green with a 2-0 lead at the break.

51 - I forgot Wrexham can leapfrog us with a win. They're doing so now, up 1-0.

62 - Nanetti on for McNish. Mansfield's up 3-0 now and will win the league.

68 - Yellow for Clowes

77 - Nunn on for Clowes and Reed on for Yeoman.

81 - They blow a surefire goal.

84 - Harris with the beautiful juke move and the just rightly placed angled shot for the late lead to push us back up into 2nd 1-0

87 - We win a penalty appeal, but Crocombe has his first missed PK of the year... then Taaffe roars in for the rebound and sends it home!!! 2-0

88 - Reed plays a fabulous ball for Taaffe and the one on one is no problem! 3-0

8.8 for obvs PotM Taaffe, 8.0 for Harris and 7.6 for Sanchez.

Unfortunately it wasn't enough, as Mansfield also won 3-0, and we lose auto-promotion by a single fucking point.

Oh, it gets better. We draw Portsmouth as our opponent in the playoffs - you know? The team I tried to leave Brackley for?

Fellow promoters from last season Dorchester drop on the last game of the year.

Courtney Harris gets praised for his training efforts

@Portsmouth (Playoff Leg 1)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Kieran Martin
DM Taylor Parmenter
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Jake Reed
ST Lewis Taaffe

Nobody, and I mean nobody, gives us a shot in this one, and for the first time in a long time, I think they're right to doubt us. Don't forget, they have the deadly Ashley Harris at striker, who is the one player in this league that scares me.

2 - Yep. Ashley Harris. 0-1

5 - OMFG GOD DAMN SON OF A BITCH ROBBED BY THE MOTHERFUCKING PUNK BITCHASS POST!!!!

13 - Yellow for Reed

39 - Fuck this. We're done. 0-2

44 - Reed steals the ball and crosses to Taaffe, who does his cool spin move and scores to give us a lifeline 1-2

Look, the goal was great, but a fluke. We're overall sucking out there. Bangura doesn't respond to my talk, and he's at a 5.9, so he's out for Nunn.

50 - 30 yard rainbow from Sharpe to Taaffe, and one on ones go in our favor a lot of the time. They do here and we've fought our way back!!! 2-2

51 - They answer immediately, but it's an offsides answer, so there!

56 - Sanchez is still having a shit day (5.8), so Nunn moves to DL, Clowes and Sharpe slide one down, and Reid replaces our vice-captain.

78 - Easy shot, and Reed blows it, his nerves getting the best of him.

Should've won, should've won, should've won. But we'll take the clean slate draw escape.

By the way, 15,148 fans showed up for that Portsmouth game, which is a Blue Square Premier record, breaking the 11,065 record set by Oxford in 2006. That's what happens when you have a former Premier League team in your conference.

A capacity sellout crowd of 4,000 is expected for the second game, with 1,000 of them Portsmouth fans

Whoever wins, we'll be facing Wrexham, who won 3-2 aggregate over Forest Green, which is good. I feel like FG is a tougher matchup for us.

vs Portsmouth (Second leg)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Kieran Martin
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

Note: There may be errors in previous lineups as I copy/paste and sometimes forget to write all changes. This is correct, though, and this is right here. McNish and Taaffe are at 88% each, but you dance with who brought you here, and our hero Gracco is back.

Everyone is still favoring Portsmouth.

26 - FUCKING BLOODY FUCKING HELLL DO NOT FUCKING LEAVE ASHLEY HARRIS WIDE FUCKING OPEN YOU FUCKREJECTS!w!!!!!! 0-1

I fucking scream at the team and yank Bangura and McNish for Reid and Nanetti.

70 - What a fucking waste of a god damned season. Fucking Taaffe shanks an open fucking goal.

83 - Hot potato in the box as Martin passes it to Gracco who defers to Taaffe, but our other striker doesn't like anything either so he hotfoots it to Nanetti, who scorches it home!!! 1-1

And we're on to extra time!

Nobody scores in extra time, though each side gets a couple opportunities, and it's down to a penalty shootout.

Portsmouth makes first 1-0

Crocombe does his part 1-1

Of course Ashley Harris scores 1-2

Goal for Taaffe 2-2

Portsmouth perfect still 2-3

Gracco gets goal 3-3

4 for 4 Portsmouth 3-4

Close one, but Martin gets it in! 4-4

Flawless five for five for Portsmouth 4-5

Harris keeps this thing going! 5-5

Unstoppable Portsmouth 5-6

Netting Nanetti!!! 6-6

PORTSMOUTH'S SHOT HITS THE BAR!!!!!

Now it's all up to Tom Sharpe... AND HE HITS IT!!!! WE'RE ON TO THE FINAL ROUND!!!!!!!!!!

7.6 for Sanchez as we were damned, damned lucky to win that and advance. Bet Portsmouth is wishing they'd paid the compensation to land me now.

Obviously that 4,000 people sellout smashed our attendance record and we got $75k in receipts, which destroyed our previous takings record of $24k in that monster upset of Oldham in the FA Cup 1st round last season. To put this in perspective that one game is equal to what we take in about 2-3 months

Taylor Parmenter is praised for his training work as is Max Crocombe.

Good Trains
Sergio Sanchez
Elvis Hammond
Dale Binns

Bad Train
Christian Nanetti

The board is willing to offer me a one year contract worth $66k a year. I don't like that number, and I think if we go up to League 2, we're automatically turning professional, so I'll reject it for now.

Nabil Guedioura's training draws praise and he's up to a 2* player now in current ranking. He started off the season as a 1*.

Manchester City wins the FA Cup. Dorchester, Gainsborough, and much to my amusement Chester all fire their managers.

Wrexham (FA Final)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

This is it. Everything riding on this game. Wrexham is pretty heavily favored, and there should be around 38,000 people in the Wembley Stadium seats.

Time to head on out and see how this goes.

4 - Gracco and McNish with rocket pass 1-2s and the Italian Stallion gallops through the defense and shoots a laser right into the goal!!!!! 1-0

44 - Gracco has had a couple shots since then, but nothing doing. Before the game I debated a long time over whether to start Clucas or Martin. That's relevant here because Taaffe passes to Harris, who lovely threads it to Clucas... ....who bangs it in the upper corner for the insurance goal right before the break!!!!! 2-0

45 minutes. That's all that stands between us and promotion.

61 - It wouldn't be Crocombe if he didn't put my heart in my throat with a stupid fucking pass, but Sharpe bails him out.

74 - Gracco can't convert on the great opportunity Taaffe gives him.

78 - 12 minutes away and we should probably think about shutting this into lockdown mode, but why? That's not the Brackley Town or the Izulde Jestor way. Instead, Yeoman and Reid go on for Gracco and Harris respectively. Unfortunately in that same moment, Lewis Taaffe own goals I feel sick. 2-1

87 - Sharpe is gangbanged and they score, but the ref wisely whistles the foul and disallows it.

AND WE'VE DONE IT!!!!! WE'RE GOING ON TO LEAGUE 2, WHICH I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER DONE IN FM!!!!!!!! CERTAINLY NEVER BACK TO BACK PROMOTIONS!!!!!

We slew the Injury Dragon who tried to kills, beat back all the damned naysayers who said all season long we weren't shit, and overcame Professional Portsmouth with their Premier League stadium!

7.9 for Player of the Match Sergio Sanchez, 7.7s for Clucas and McNish, and 7.5 for Gracco, as everyone secured a 7 or better in the most important for all the fucking marbles ever match of the year!

And it wasn't 36,000. It was 38,824!!!

Sure, $99k of our $210k money we just won had to be paid out in squad bonuses, but that still leaves $111k pouring into our coffers.

But that's not the best one... The sweetest news is this:

A lot of interesting stuff to report next time, but for now I'm just going to savor this one.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote