View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #64
Izulde
Head Coach

I've gotten mildly obsessed with this cover of "Let It Go"

And it may be fitting if I end up fired because of how much we suck hobbit snot at this level.

vs Kidderminster (3rd)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Leon Clowes
DR Andy Yiadom
DM Agustin Battipiedi
DM Sergio Sanchez
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Alexandr Geynrih
ST Lewis Taaffe

5 - Yellow for Sanchez

29 - They should've scored there.

35 - ...and there. Thought they did but it just managed not to break the plane and Bangura blasts it out.

It's hard to know if it's simply a lack of talent, or if it's a system failure that we've been doing so poorly so far the first few games.

46 - Right as I say that, Geynrih's heading it to Taaffe after a beautiful Harris pass. Taaffe literally dribbles through the defense and the goalie to walk it in the goal. 1-0

61 - I didn't want to have to do this, but Martin in for Sanchez, who has been awful at DM and was directly responsible for what should've been a goal by our opponents.

70 - After a pause, I put in Reid for Harris to keep the freshness there.

71 - Our own shoulda, as Taaffe weak-sauces a header to the side of the goal.

They score late but it's called back due to offsides and we eke out a victory. 7.7 for Leon Clowes, who is PotM, and 7.4 for Taaffe. Yep, we're back down to that level of measurement.

Eastleigh wants Jack Jeffery on loan, but only as a backup. Screw that. I'm not going to lose the training we have here just for him to get a few scant games.

vs Accrington (6th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andy Yiadom
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Kieran Martin
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Alexandr Geynrih
ST Gianluca Gracco

0 - Oh wow! Harris makes a thunderous tackle, Gracco gets the loose ball and passes to Geynrih for the easy score. A flyer indeed, all the more dramatic since the Italian got his bell rung just seconds before the inciting tackle. 1-0

25 - A one on one for them and the guy shanks it totally.

38 - Harris takes a knock.

39 - Two straight clean sheets too much to hope for, I suppose. 1-1

43 - Yellow for Bangura

We've been doing okay. Yiadom and Harris come off with Reid at MR, Bangura at DR, and Clowes at DL.

57 - Reid flies it from the wing and I think the goalie's going to get there first, but then Geynrih does a diving header, falling to the ground as he nods it on... ... and it goes in!!! 2-1

68 - Did Gracco blow an easy goal? Yep, he did.

This right here is why I was willing to shell out $55,000 for a 30 year old who speaks no English. Geynrih naturally won PotM with his 2 goals and 8.8 rating. 7.6 for Gracco, 7.2 for Martin and 7.1 for Parmenter along with flat 7 for just about everyone else.

If it wasn't for our Uzbek, we don't get 3 points today and for a relegation candidate, every point matters. Just ask Southend and Grismby, whose 44 and 40 points saw them knocked down to BS Premier this season.

But it's our first win streak in League 2 and it's good enough for 12th. Right now every team in the league has at least 1 point, so it's great that we got those two narrow victories.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote