View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #65
Izulde
Head Coach

Alexandr Geynrih gets called up the Uzbek national team for September 4th and 8th games against India and Singapore.

@Carlisle (10th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andy Yiadom
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Kieran Martin
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Alexandr Geynrih
ST Gianluca Gracco

13 - 35 yard boomer by Yiadom lands in front of Harris who runs past his opponent and gets the 1 on 1... and the resulting shot is good! 1-0

23 - The opposing strikers are playing nervous and miss a chip shot here.

24 - Another nervy miss, even though they're beating us soundly. One thing I've noticed is that this game is having a ton more powerful tackles than I'm used to seeing, especially in the midfield.

Battipiedi on for Parmenter at the half. We've been playing better than I anticipated, but I expect they're going to finally break through in the second half. Parmenter's pissed about being pulled, but it's an energy issue. Sorry, dude.

60 - Yellow for McNish

71 - Hoban on for McNish

75 - That's... yep, offsides. Thought so. Our lead saved.

7.4 or higher for our entire backline and our goalie, capped off by Yiadom's 7.9 and PotM nod. 7.5 for Harris and Gracco, as everyone in the starting lineup posted 7 or better. 6.6 for Hoban is a little worrying, though, and our wing midfield depth still scares me.

Callum NcNish and Leigh Wade stand out in training but Elvis Hammond continues his decline.

The board's satisfied with me. We lost $17.8k last month. They love Alexandr Geynrih's signing, but are sad that Ashley Yeoman left. He landed on his feet nicely enough though, signing on with Boreham Wood for $90k a year. Sheesh. In 6 games, he's given them 3 goals and an average 6.54 rating. Not exactly what I would call ideal for that kind of money.

@Kidderminister (Johnstone's Paint Trophy)
GK David Raya
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Samuel Bangura
DM Agustin Battipiedi
DM Taylor Parmenter
ML Claudiu Hoban
MR Izak Reid
ST Nabil Guedioura
ST Lewis Taaffe

Since this is a winnable match, I'm not going to water down the lineup *too* much. Plus you have to figure Raya is due for a good game at some point.

1 - Damn. Knock on Parmenter

Both sides appeal for a penalty and both get turned down, so it's only fitting it's all square as we go into the locker room at half. Parmenter aggravated his injury so he needs to sit out the rest of the game IMO. That means Martin even though it's going to put us in dangerous position for our next L2 game.

53 - Wow!!! Taaffe steals the ball on a backwards pass and races all the way down the pitch with no one even coming close to catching him and he slams it past the keeper! I'd show the highlight but it cuts in after the steal. 1-0

68 - Ugh. Raya literally drops the ball and they score on the rebound. 1-1

No extra time in this one. Straight to the PK shootout!

Kidderminister makes it 0-1

Taaffe scores 1-1

Kidderminister does it again 1-2

Martin barely makes it 2-2

Sigh. 3 of 3. 2-3

Battipiedi has no problems 3-3

So close to a block, but just shy. 3-4

Hoban MISSES

And of course Kidderminster makes the final penalty to win the game and advance.

8.3 for Lewis Taaffe and PotM but this loss is solely on Raya's shoulders and I can't help myself from letting him know that, which greatly upsets him.

Wow. Kidderminister's players angrily call out their manager with how he treats them. Two of them did in fact. Taylor Parmenter is out 5-6 weeks, a crippling blow.

Damn damn damn. Should've just started Crocombe.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote