View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #78
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
New thread game: counting how many different(real and made-up) words beginning with fuck Izulde can use.

I have a bit of an anger issue (which I keep pretty well concealed publicly) and do have a tendency to swear a lot in general conversation.

In fact, during Nationals for a marketing competition one year, a bunch of us from my college were at a bar chilling and having a couple drinks, and somebody again happens to mention the round in Quiz Bowl at State where I won like 10 of the team's 11 points.

All of a sudden this cute girl a few stools down gasps and looks at me. "*You're* the guy from Wisconsin who's so insanely smart at Quiz Bowl?"

"...I do all right. Why?"

"I never would have guessed it from how much you swear. You shouldn't swear so much."

I just shrugged because I couldn't think of what else to say. Never had anybody get on my case about my language before. We ended up finishing third at Nationals (long story as to how that happened), but the team that finished first had this Filipina girl from Michigan who was equal to or even better than I was, and I would have *loved* to have challenged her in the championship, but we lost by 2 points in the semi-finals to a team we should have beaten easily.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote