DC Angus Hopkins
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Danny Parslow
ML Ray Atkinson
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

17 - Lot of action in the first 17 minutes, but we don't see the first real breakthrough until Atkinson makes a phenomenal ground-cross to Richards on the edge of the six yard box, and it's an easy score right there. 1-0

37 - Parslow to Miles to a wide open Richards for the easy finish. 2-0

42 - Parslow short kicks it to Tickle on the wing, and a centering later, Richards has the first half hat-trick!!!! 3-0

Remember our old friend De'Jaune Taylor-Crossdale? Well, he's playing for Leamington after two forgettable seasons with Solihull Moors. He's exhausted this game and it's great to be whipping a former prospect of mine.

58 - Argent in for Parslow, McDonald on for Tickle after they score on a corner 3-1

77 - Richards picks out a corner clearance and sends it back to Hopkins, who hits a booming cross to Darko's head for the easy goal. 4-1

82 - Hell of a long strike by them. Just one of those fluke goals. 4-2

Obviously a 9.6 for Player of the Match Richards, but let's also applaud
Miles for his 8.3, Darko for his 7.7 and Hopkins for his 7.6. Phenomenal performance by our boys.

Now this is interesting. We've got our eye on an amazing young DM who has an agent, and the agent is asking me to make an offer first before he reveals what his client wants.

Transfer In - DM Alex Worsfold (22)
Yes, it's a $29k/year contract, but it's for two years and he's immediately our best DM. Plus, at 22, he's young enough to be here long-term. Which is critical because...

Expiring Contracts
DC Curtis Da Costa (24) - $43.5k
DM/DC/DR Danny Parslow (34) - $34.5k
MR/DR Dwayne Samuels (29) - $38.5k
DL/DC Paul Weldon (27) - $38.5k
MC/DM Eddy Gnahore (26) - $26.5k
ST Kane Richards (25) - $36.5k
MC/MR Taylor Miles (24) - $31k
DC/MC Angus Hopkins (19) - $24k

2 Year Contracts
DM Alex Worsfold - $29k
ST Gergo Lippai - $19.5k
ML Ray Atkinson - $9.75k

8 of our current starters are expiring, and one of them, our oldest one, now has a cheaper replacement. As for the rest of our starters and most of our depth? Either loan guys or non-contract signings.

We get Kane Richards and Paul Weldon to sign one year extensions at their same paygrade, but everybody else is demanding far more money than I'm willing to dole out, so we'll have to do a lot of offseason shopping, it looks like. At least we have DL/ML/DM/ST/ST figured out, which is always a start.

We loan in DRC Leadun Astley for 3 months just to keep building our depth.

@Tamworth (7th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ray Atkinson
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

22 - Richards swings in a corner and Da Costa rises above everyone to bang in his first goal of the year 1-0

56 - Lippai in for Richards, Parslow to DM and Astley in at DR. LOL and two seconds later, Astley gets yellow. Less funny - a minute later he loses possession deep in our half, but Weldon bails him out.

75 - That was down to Astley doing an awful job of defending 1-1

78 - ....fucking ridiculous. 2 goals right back to back and worse yet, the guy's name is Aeon Duckworth. Aeon and Kevin Duckworth from GAH all in one name. 1-2

86 - Fuck this. Duckworth with a second half hat-trick. 1-3

Pathetic. Just fucking pathetic.

Good Trains
Jimmy Tickle
Danny Parslow
Dion Argent

Bad Trains
Eddy Gnahore
Remy Clerima

The board is pleased with me, even though we lost $24.83k last month.

Oh and we've had a few players make Team of the Week the last few weeks that I forgot to report. Kaine Richards the week of his hat trick, Joseph Lumley a few updates ago, and now Danny Parslow.

Transfer In - MLC Antonie Boland (25)
Our first player signed through 2022, he's a 3* B2B MC, which is the role he'll take over next season most likely, but for now, he's our new starting ML, signed to a $24.5k a year contract. The Vauxhall supporters are *pissed* he left on a free transfer and felt he should have been sold for money.

vs North Ferriby (22nd)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

7 - Weldon swings it to Richards and it's a wham-bam easy goal. 1-0

9 - Richards has a great pass to Darko, but the latter's shot is denied. But then who's there to pick it up? None other than Boland, bopping in the easy rebound for a debut goal. 2-0

We're playing well, but we all remember what happened last time...

57 - Samuels on the wing to Miles, quick kick over to Darko, followed by pass forward to Richards and there's the shot for the three goal lead. North Ferriby is playing with zero confidence. 3-0

68 - Argent in for Worsfold, Lippai on for Richards

78 - What an amazing game Boland has had in his debut. This time he takes a great pass from Darko and crosses it into the penalty area for the *just* onsides Samuels for another score. 4-0

80 - Darko with the pass forward to Lippai, and another pass forward to the still racing Darko and yet another goal!! 5-0

90 - Samuels puts it in space for Miles and I think this six goal outpouring is an FM record for me 6-0

8+ Ratings
DL Paul Weldon - 8.9
DC Curtis Da Costa - 8.2
DC Jimmy Tickle - 8.3
DR Danny Parslow - 8.4
ML Antonie Boland - 9.0
MC Taylor Miles - 8.6
MR Dwayne Samuels - 8.7
ST Jesse Darko - 8.8
ST Kane Richards - 9.4 (PotM)

Absolutely amazing!!! And North Ferriby fire their manager immediately after that, continuing a long tradition

That win also set a contemporary club and Blue Square North record for margin of victory

Paul Weldon, Taylor Miles and Dwayne Samuels make Team of the Week.

Youth Candidates
DM/MC Will Wilkins looks to have tantalizing potential as a MC and GK Spencer Hubbard might turn into something worthwhile. The rest of the squad, though, is trash.

@Droylsden (2nd)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

Gnahore has actually been ready the last few matches to come back. I've just forgotten about him until now. Whoops.

35 - Richards cracks a jumpball that Darko wins and heads in for the early lead. I'm really going to miss Darko when his loan finishes in a couple days along with a few other players. He's really been a quality, if underrated player for us. 1-0

52 - Gnahore drops back down to DM and Miles comes in at MC. But before that happens, we're caught napping and they score. 1-1

58 - Parslow is hurt.

70 - Lippai on for Richards because I forgot to make sure I had backline coverage. Oops.

Honestly, against a vastly superior team like this and on the road, I'll damn sure take that point.

Danny Parslow is out 4-5 weeks, which sucks, but we'll make it through.

vs Accrington (6th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

7 - Blown easy chance by our opponents

[b]37[/b - Goal given up on corner. We've been playing not great anyway 0-1

Argent for Worsfold, Atkinson for Boland

54 - I change to more direct passing on my Assman's advice

59 - Tickle has to come off, making that our second straight starting DR guy to be hurt. Astley gets the call.

69 - Weldon is knocked.

71 - Second time so far we've seen a Richards corner that Da Costa hits in, this time for the tie. 1-1

88 - Now it's Argent to get knocked.

Jimmy Tickle is out 5 to 6 weeks, Paul Weldon 3 to 4 weeks

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote