View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #83
Izulde
Head Coach

We loan Liam Hubbard to Arnold to get some PT. Coaches are high on his potential, but he's not going to see PT here.

vs Guiseley (15th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Aynsley McDonald
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Leadun Astley
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Kane Richards
ST Gergo Lippai

A bunch of players on loan finished out, and a ton more injured, so our lineup is a little shaky, to say the least.

27 - A high free kick by Richards is enough for Hopkins to get to head and slot it in the upper part of the net for his first goal in a Gainsborough jersey. 1-0

40 - Terrible pass by Da Costa. Fortunately, they shank the ensuing shot.

Adam Creswell in for Richards, and Gnahore in at DM in place of Worsfold, who has yet to play a full game for us, I think.

50 - Fuck! Lippai's out and I'm out of strikers. Guess that means Nicky Deverdics as a very awkward AMC.

[b]51]/b] - And Da Costa blows an easy insurance goal on a corner. Lousy game by him.

72 - Another blown corner header by Da Costa.

We close it out. 8.2 for PotM Hopkins, who literally was the differencemaker in a game we dominated and should have won by a bigger scoreline.

Gergo Lippai is out 3-4 weeks.

$26.56k loss last month, but the board is still pleased with me.

I try to convince the board to bring in a super-talented young goalkeeper, but they reject me. We also try to bring in Jesse Darko, but his agent refuses to even consider anything below $55k and the board nor I are having it.

@Workington (14th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Aynsley McDonald
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Leadun Astley
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Kane Richards
ST Adam Creswell

21 - Miles delivers it to Creswell in the half-circle... and he booms it in from the distance! 1-0

28 - Miles again, kicking it back to Worsfold this time, and our DM races up the pitch and hits a screamer into the net. 2-0

I love it when telling the team not to get complacent results in some guys getting confused and others zeroing in. Pretty hilarious. I tell the confused guys, Miles and Creswell, that I'm happy with them so far, but they still look puzzled.

[b]60[/b - Atkinson in for Boland. But before that I notice a player for them called Wong Wai Sum, who on the pitch is listed as Sum Wong Wai, and they blow an easy shot right after one of his passes. He's EBC (English-Born Chinese) apparently and looks amazing. $70k a year and he's on loan from Altrincham

72 - Gnahore in for Miles

7.9 for PotM Worsfold, 7.8 for Miles, 7.7 for Da Costa 7.6 for Creswell and the team picked up its play in the second half despite a lack of goals.

We're now up to 10th with 50 points, but are 12 points away from the playoffs with 5 games remaining. So while it's mathematically possible, it's not going to happen. On the flip side, we're 15 points clear of the drop and can not be relegated. That didn't appear at all a certainty when I first arrived.

Our first June signing is confirmed, but we'll discuss him later. Leadun Astley somehow makes Team of the Week. We lose Alex Worsfold for a week and a half because of injury.

vs FC United (20th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Aynsley McDonald
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Leadun Astley
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Antonie Boland
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Kane Richards
ST Adam Creswell

0 - Richards hits Hopkins on the corner and the powerful header's in with ease. 1-0

6 - Awful miss by Miles

22 - Pathetic. 1-1

60 - Atkinson on for Boland

73 - Shocking miss by them.

81 - Another wtf miss by our opponents

So yeah, we should have lost. Granted, they're fighting to stay up, but we played down to their level, which is unacceptable.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote