DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Simon Walton
ML Ryan Atkinson
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Gergo Lippai

7 - 25 yard free kick goal by Lippai. Maybe we can finally snap out of the slump? 1-0

14 - Lippai gets knocked, and of course that means he shanks the wide open shot.

33 - Clanging action sees Da Costa score the header off the corner from Lippai 2-0

Argent replaces Gnahore at MC and Beasley comes in for Lippai at ST during halftime. Health reasons, you know.

50 - Here's Beasley with the crossing free kick... and Tickle with the jumping half-volley kick for his first ever senior goal!!! 3-0

52 - Can't believe they missed. What a weak effort.

69 - Great stolen ball by Little and he's got the one on one... and he sends it completely wide. What the hell, dude?

81 - Bye clean sheet. 3-1

8.3 for PoTM Da Costa, 8.0 for Lippai. Lot of guys looked whatever after we went up by 3 goals, which is something to take note of. Still, that was a huge win for us in terms of creating space in promotion playoffs.

Injury train continues with Gergo Lippai out 4-5 weeks.

Good Trains
Joseph Lumley
Zach Little
Liam Hubbard

Bad Trains
Danny Parslow
Simon Walton

Curtis Da Costa is named to Team of week and there's probably other guys I've forgotten as well.

Board's still very pleased, but we lost $8.65k last month.

Loan In - ML Ryan Lloyd (26)
Finally we get a left midfielder worth having! 3* WM support and he's here until the end of the season. I wanted to transfer him outright, but Bradford PA wanted $20k for him, so I'll just keep him around for our title fight. He'll miss the next game because he's hurt, which is a shame, because it's such a huge one, but major impact player right here.

vs Worcester (1st)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Atkinson
MC Will Wilkins
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

Still trying to find the right combination on the right side of the pitch. I do think Danny Parslow is all but done. Fans hate him and he hasn't broken out like I hoped he would. Anyway, big game obviously. Win and we move back into first place. Don't win and we have a growing hill to climb.

They're doing a phenomenal job defensively, and we can't crack them in the first half. Likewise, we do well enough to keep things all square. Knott and Argent take over at ML and MC respectively.

67 - Not a single highlight thus far and Argent is knocked out. Gnahore is pushed up to MC and Parslow is going to get a shot at redemption at DM.

90 - Walton with the corner in just the third highlight for either side this half... and it's to Little's head for the late score!!! Let's Contain!!!! 1-0

8.1 for Walton, Player of the Match. He played brilliantly, and Da Costa pulled a 7.7. More importantly, by stealing that win, we're back in first place!!!

Dion Argent is out 4 weeks, just when I'm thinking of giving him an extended tryout at MC. On the other hand, Will Wilkins is continuing to develop and Lewis Taaffe singles him out for his gains.

@Bradford PA (8th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Danny Parslow
ML Antonie Boland
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Kane Richards
ST Curtis Beasley

Short turnaround, and a lot of rest and injury things to sort out, so we're going with a slightly wonky lineup.

36 - Own goal by Turner after he dropped the ball. Literally. 0-1

42 - Richards and Beasley trade passes back and forth until the first sets up the latter with a pass prettier than Kate Upton, and our prospect slams it home for his first-ever senior league goal 1-1

Knott's pulled for Sedgmore at MR. Our guys are sucking wind, but they'll have to keep fighting on.

57 - Knock for Richards so I move Parslow to ST, Gnahore at DM, and Fell replacing Da Costa at DC.

62 - Free kick goes like this - Walton spraying out to Weldon on left, short pass to Boland, kick sidelong to Beasley, who hits his second goal of the game! 2-1

77 - Everyone thought that was a Beasley hat trick, but a superb job by the keeper parries it.

Hell of a performance by Beasley with his 8.8. Evidently there's something to this kid, after all.

But we lose Kane Richards for a week and a half. Not the worst injury in the world, but it does deplete our striker stocks in the short term.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote