View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Werewolf game suggestions

I'm not sure this needed a new thread, but I didn't want it to get burried in the near-dead Werewolf IV thread.

I'm not sure what my actual suggestions are going to be, but I thought I might open this up to discussion. Do we need to set rules on the revelation of victory conditions or things we get in a PM from the game host? Clearly forwarding a PM to the thread is bad since the game is no fun if everyone can prove their roles, but is it bad to list victory conditions? Since victory conditions are specific to the different factions (in a game as complicated as IV), those conditions can be a good way to identify each other secretly.

Revealing dreams worked a bit the same way, but nobody knew that others were getting dreams, and it was possible that members of different factions got the dreams. This made revealing the dreams less than full proof of a role.

I'm mostly wondering if secret victory conditions could eventually become a problem.

I'd also like to suggest changing the victory conditions a bit. In the last game, Barkeep and I (as the werewolves) were awarded a moderate victory because we killed off all of the cult and avoided capture. In truth, we probably should have been awarded a moderate loss. A total loss would have been capture (since we considered that worse than death), but we still died. I don't think any level of victory should be awarded to the dead. If you can die and still "win", that gives too much power to a sacrifice and it may cause people to not try to fight death as much.

I think there would be more paranoia and intrigue if you had to avoid death to win.

BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote