View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The wolves actually should have gotten a minor victory according to the guidelines I had set, because all they had to do to get that was not get captured. Possibly a very low bar to meet though. I agree that playing to live is better, but part of the reason I set their victory conditions like that is that there were only 2 of them, and I felt it was very unlikely that they would both survive.

Quote:
Using the exact wording of the dream or of the victory conditions was probably shady gameplay on our parts and we should do what we can to minimize that in the future.

Keep in mind that I didn't reveal exact victory conditions to anyone in IV, I just told them generally what they had to do. Also if you're going to have a game where everyone has a role, there's a very important thing to consider. The games that have used this on BGG have in large part failed because the players realize at some point that their best bet is to just have everyone publically reveal their role. Once this is done, the people that declare duplicate roles are just systematically lynched. This is what I wanted to avoid in my game since with secret roles this was impossible. I would make sure if you have public roles for everyone, try to have duplicates of some built into the game and other roles which aren't used at all.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote