View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #69
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
JAG: I'm assuming that you're refering to this, though I'm not sure if it implies a conversion or some other mechanic.

Possible idea: We use the time to decide the Day 1 lynch before the betting deadline. Pros: All of the villagers get money and we get a lot of Day 0 activity. Cons: All of the mafia get money, which they can then pool, and we probably get less Day 1 activity.

Checking in.

I'm not so wild about this, font. What I recall from the Vegas game is that there was a ton of value in the mafia being able to pool their money and plan out their bids in private. Obviously, we can't do anything about their private communications, but it's kinda like going up against a secret bank. I don't know if it's such a great idea to give two separate organizations each a triple-down bet on the opening day, while the village's one day coup will not go very far (unpoolable) and will be uncoordinated amongst a group of people who won't be able to trust one another.

That said, if we do coordinate on a lynch today, I will certainly bet on the winner.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote