View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #56
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Week 5
Washington 3-1 @ Atlanta 3-1
Washington has been playing rather well this season, but many people think that they are not as good as their record indicates. For this reason we are favored to win by 8 points. Washington has a very average run defense, and I am hopeful that we will be able to move the ball against them. If we do fall behind, their pass D is paltry and that means we should be able to stay in the game no matter what. As for Washington's offence, they have some great players, but they do not have the QB or RB to back them up. I think the odds makers were giving us too much credit, making us 8 point favorites, but we should still win this game.

Leland had one of the better game of his career. Nixon carried the ball 38 times for 200 yards (the second 200 yard game of his career), but he was held out of the end zone today, and he fumbled the ball one time.

While our offence did their job today, our defense was not able to pull of their end of the bargain. With 41 seconds left in the game Washington scored a TD to take a 28-27 lead. We were not able to answer in the closing seconds and in spite of Leland's great day, we go home empty handed.

Week 6
Atlanta 3-2 @ Tampa 3-2
Tampa comes in today hoping to take control of the division. We know that we are a better team than they are, but we will need to prove that. We are favored by 6 today.

Nixon did not play as well as I would have liked to have seen him play, and it cost us. We jumped out to a 14 point lead, but by the start of the fourth quarter that had evaporated. We then fell behind by seven thanks to a fumble by Nixon inside the 30 yard line that the Bucs were able to capitalize on with a TD three plays later. But we failed to quit and tied it with 44 seconds left to play. After trading punts a few times in the extra period, Tampa Bay completed a 47 yard pass that set them up for a game winning 30 yard field goal. We fall to 3-3.

Nixon had 94 yards on 29 carries, and the one costly fumble.

Last edited by stkelly52 : 02-03-2005 at 12:24 AM.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote