View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #140
Thomkal
Head Coach

Latest on the work ongoing for the new server:

@everyone Our Current Status: At the moment, we have a number of coders (across a few major projects) who are working on migrating the original source code tool chain from Visual Studio 2005 to a newer version of VS. Specifically, the VS2019 mainline. Once this is finished, the source should be fully modernized and other development processes can begin to move forward from there. Once the toolchain for I24 has been modernized and the I25 source code has been sanitized by and provided by SCoRE, our coders should be able to start examining SCoRE's i25 changes with the intent to re-implement them upon modernized I24 source. Currently, there are two main parts that are being studied and used... The first, is the original source of the client and server, that is the I24Beta client that you all had access to when the game was live. The second, is the compiled server that was used and updated by the SCoRE team, that is I25. With i24, we are working on Compatibility with VS2010 toolset and VS2015 with v140 toolset. With i25, we are trying to stabilize the setup of test servers to allow people to play on it.