View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #365
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Review of the Plague Lords of Ruel

Everything is harder than the Magnakai, and sometimes it feels like enemy creep. I did stop their plague operations, but what is to hinder them from restarting? I didn’t kill the head guy, and I didn’t destroy the fortress or anything. This is not a major victory. It’s not as if the Cener are ended as a threat, like I did to the Darklords.

The adventure was okay, it still had a few clichés like swinging on a chain to get from one platform to another. I mentioned how sucky it is to have a 40% chance of death the section before the end by random number. You do get a +3 on it if you have both Assimilance and Grand Huntmastery. I never even used Curing’s +20 EP (and I forgot too vs. the Triple bad guys at he beginning). It the first time I’ve lost in a while at Lone Wolf.

Once I play through a few more Grand Master books, I’ll get a better handle on each of them, how they work, and can compare them.

This book had a weird feel with a lot of modern day concepts like virus and bacteria, vaccine, and some pictures that made it look very industrial age. Not for the first time either, as Joe D has had Ironclads and guns and such. Still, the whole book here felt weird and the plotline I think is much more suited for James Bond than Lone Wolf. “We are creating a disease to kill the whole world except our people, who have the vaccine. Mua-hah-hah-hah!”

End of The Plague Lords of Ruel.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote