Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #71
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
OG,

When are you finding the best time to bargain hunt? Based on my limited research, it looks like midfielders are the softest market. Defenders and Strikers are more expensive. Goalkeepers seem to be overpriced. You are not going to find any bargains there.

The best time so far is around 9PM EST when there aren't many players active. I'm usually up against South Americans. I'm very finicky and start out with a top price in mind and never go past that. I lose a guy more often than not, but other targets come into view. I find that bidding on the third or fourth chronological target works out best. I pick a players I like then figure out if there will be battles up ahead of me for similar positions. I drop down 20-30 minutes to pick a target or two. Seems that people give up in disgust when they are outbid and don't stay online to bid on other, similar players. If I'm in a hot bidding situation, I'll drop out but follow the action, hoping the others will be so focused on this player that they overlook the one I really want. This has worked for me. I don't go after more than one position at a time, so I maintain focus. I often get a better side like passing when I do this.

I agree mids are cheapest. Wingers and forwards look expensive to me. I'm looking at Solid to Excellent now.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote