Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #443
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Well, we did it. We had a late flick-in in the 81st minute to send us through. We are going up to III.2. It will be a serious challenge to stay in that league. But we made it to III.

I was on an academy kick for awhile. I was training FTW and developed several good players. I kept a couple and shipped the rest off for profit.

Now I am training defensive midfielders. This season, we pretty much exclusively trained playmaking. Next season, it will likely be defending.

The key is to just always have some sort of long-term plan for your team and how you are going to finance it. The team I have now doesn't really have a chance of getting into II, so I will have to blow it up at some point and try again.

I am also not sure if I am seeing a worthwhile return for training DMs. While they make your team better, it seems difficult to make much money off of them because the talented prospects are expensive and they don't really sell for much more money down the road.

It sounds a really good strategy, I am going to train basic midfielders for a while, I am in the V.58 now and itīs a hell of a group.... I will be lucky if I resist here one year meanwhile trainning new midfielders and replace the forwards...
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote