View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #1
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Food allergy question

Hi all,

Curious if anyone has some advice for this situation involving (presumably) food allergies.

My 5 year old has had a severe nut allergy since she was about a year and a half old, basically a little bit causes her to vomit. My brother has had the same allergy his whole life and my wife has tons of allergies including tomato / dill / shellfish allergies just to give you the family history.

Recently, the 5 year old has been throwing up in the morning very soon after she wakes up in the same way she does after she has an allergic reaction to nuts. It's happened 3 times in the past 1-1.5 weeks, including twice in the past 3 days. She'll throw up multiple times until she gets whatever it is out of her system, then she's fine the rest of the day. I can't figure out what could be causing it. We do have some items with tree nuts in them in the house, but have had them here for a while without incident until recently. I washed her sheets / pillow case / blanket cover really well a couple days back when she had her last incident, but she threw up again this morning a few times, so I have no idea if it's something in her room or a new level of sensitivity or a new allergy or what this could be.

We're contacting the doctor about this of course and hoping to bring her in to an allergist again in case something new might be causing this (though there are a lot of false positive tests with things like food allergies), but just wondering if anyone else has had experience with something like this and has any suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

JAG is offline   Reply With Quote