View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I have food allergies, quite a few. Let's see Beef, Pork, Dairy, Berries, Citrus, Coffee, Shellfish, alcohol. Needless to say, I drink a lot of water and chicken.

When I was a kid, I'd have reactions up to 5 days later, especially with beef. Beef would make me throw up and it was that way until I was in high school. Now I just get horrible headaches with most of them. In fact I had a terrible one yesterday, one of the worst in sometime to the point where I believe the headache caused me to throw up.

Since you've insinuated you've seen an allergist before, did you do a list of all of the food she has consumed and worked your way from there?

Not everyone believes in it, I've a bit skeptical myself, but have you tried a homeopathic chiropractor who deals with food sensitivities? They might be able to help you narrow down other food allergies or sensitivities too

Wow, that is a crazy list. Thanks for sharing and for your suggestions. The reactions up to 5 days later is something I hadn't seen or experienced with my daughter / wife / brother, so that's useful to know. She hasn't seen an allergist for a little over a couple years now, so that's first on the schedule. I haven't written down everything she's eaten but I have a decent idea what she's had, so maybe we'll keep her on a pretty restricted diet until we can take her in. I know about 10 years ago my wife was on a lamb / pear / rice / chicken diet where those were the only things she could eat for a couple weeks and then slowly started adding other foods back. I don't know if that's recommended for kids, but maybe something like that is the way to go.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote