View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #57
RainMaker
General Manager

Lets breakdown the options:

Cleveland - One thing people fail to mention is they somehow managed to hang on to J.J. Hickson in the Jamison deal. He is good trade bait and could be packaged with a contract for a guy like Amare. The Jamison contract though looks like it'll saddle them, and Mo is probably untradeable too. I think they have some flexibility, just not a lot.

New York - Really have no one to put around him. They could max contract someone like Bosh (who I don't think wants to be a second fiddle), but it would literally leave them with having to fill out the roster with minimum contracts and rookie contracts. They dumped their first round pick Hill to Houston and have given up 2 more first rounders plus the ability for Houston to swap in the coming years. It will be a team with no bench and no role players. Some people don't realize how much they gave up to dump Jeffries contract.

New Jersey - I think this becomes very interesting if they get the #1 pick in the draft. John Wall gives them a star to grow with Lebron and Lopez and Lee are solid role players. I think Devin Harris would have to be traded and they could end up getting a decent player for him (although Harris' contract is really tough to trade).

Chicago - I'm bias here but he gets Rose and Noah just as they enter the cusp of their prime. Deng is a decent player who could be packaged with Hinrich's expiring contract for another star like Boozer or Amare.

Miami - They have the money and playing along Wade would create the best 1-2 punch in the game. The only problem I see is that you have two big stars on the same team and I just don't know if either would go for it. Would still give him a great chance at winning.

Clippers - Won't happen but I think it's a really interesting team with him on it. Young talent that can develop with him over the next 5+ years.

I can't think of anything else. I think it's between Cleveland, Chicago, New Jersey, and New York. If I had to bet on it, I'd say he ends up in New York, then Cleveland, then Chicago, then New Jersey.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote