View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 04:04 PM   #39
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Didn't mean to offend.

I would say that Rs DO give tax breaks but that they're ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of construction and that Ds don't do near enough public works for my liking, but I'll defer to your expertise.

I can't even argue that its based in reality.
It's often largely not. Ive got a project right now that would be a game changer for my company. Right in our wheelhouse but much, much larger than anything we've ever done. And its capital equipment costs not manpower that are mega-sized, meaning we will do the same work, but make more profit on a 5x scale,..The equipment they want has a 12-14 week manufacturer lead time then we need 3 weeks to install and commission it minimum.

The company ranks in the Fortune 100 - so not a mom and pop - they have asked us to sign a hold price agreement and agreed to pay a cancellation fee of 1.5% if they decide not to move forward. (This is an 8 figure contract so they are potentially going to pay me many multiples of the average annual salary to not do the work)...Price hold is through 11/15. We have been told by the project sponsor "If the Presidential incumbent wins we are green lighting, if not we will defer to Q3 2021 at the earliest"

This is the most notable example in my life, but not unique at all.
Again I cant speak to the validity of the sentiment, but I just know that regularly my customers - and maybe I have a skewed base, but it matches my peers observations as well- have more spending confidence under R Presidents.

Of course I did very well 08-16 as well. No one starved and I started this company and grew tremendously. I have confidence Ill be ok either way. It may change where and how we operate but we will adapt and zig and zag as we need to. And again - I dont anticipate today voting for Trump. But I do feel my business will be better if he wins.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote