View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 07:01 AM   #6182
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm taking this back, because Judge Cannon has now amended her original order. She removed the classified documents from the Special Master review. Trump now can't appeal the 11th circuits decision to the Supreme Court because the order no longer stands. It seems the rebuke Cannon got was bad enough that she actually feared sanctions if she continued to show Trump that level of favoritism.

I don't think it was fear. I think that she really isn't that competent.

If an appellate court vacates a trial court judgment and remands with instructions to do something, then the trial court should do that.

But, here, the 11th just granted a temporary stay of the order while the appeal is pending. As much as a benchslap as the 11th Circuit's order was--it was not a ruling on the merits. The actual appeal still had to happen.

So it is really weird for her to have sua sponte amended her order in response. That was not expected or called for or routinely done.

And I don't think that it is 4-D chess on her part. I think that she just does not get the day-to-day mechanics of her job.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote