View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Have a second meeting setup. How your tone can change when money and free stuff is involved. Previously, there was a former cafe I looked at. I noticed that the interior needed some work so, didn't think much of it and when I did some follow up, the numbers came out to around $2200 a month that I'd have to shell out for rent/insurance/utilities and the broker believed they wanted a 2 year lease.

Well, 4 days later, the lease is now at 1 year and the initial numbers were way off due to some miscommunication. When dealing with the NNN items, I know enough now to get the cost per square foot and the NNN charges which are broken out into CAM, Insurance and Taxes. I had asked for CAM and he gave me a high CAM number and I computed the taxes (which I found online) and estimated the insurance which resulted in number that wasn't workable.

Well, the CAM number he gave me was actually the NNN number and even that was off. Also, if I do the work in there, they will give 2 months rent free. What was a $2200 a month is now effectively a $1475 a month commitment. The building is owned by a large company that is the anchor of the stripmall. I got the impression they own the building outright and anything they get is free money. Not sure if $8 is their bottom line, but if I could get it at $7.75, even that would save some $40 a month. Every little bit helps. Can't hurt to look.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote