View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #48
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

It has been a very quiet 2 weeks. More so on purpose. I needed a good head clearing.

My business plan was done, in hand and sent off to our bank. We had done a sit down with them without our plan in hand just to go over the basics of the business and what we are doing. At first, he seemed rather skeptical, but once I started laying out what we were planning, what we have done and where we see ourselves in a few years, their mood definitely shifted to more of a 'Ok, they know what they are doing and have thought this through'. Which is expected.

We expect to hear back from them this week on our business loan.

Our search for a place is in limbo though. I definitely believe I'm stuck in paralysis by analysis as I wildly swing back and forth between several options, but I'm just trying to cover all the bases and make sure that I'm doing the right thing.

The building above, the old cafe, that is pretty much dead. Being vacant for 3-4 years, they wouldn't tell me what has been done maintenance wise with the HVAC system nor would give me any guarantees. Replacing a 5 ton unit 1 month into the lease isn't something I wouldn't want so, gotta let that one go.

One particular unit, where the landlords seem REALLY wanting to get someone in one of the units ASAP, seems willingly to negotiate on length (even would do 3-6 months), give guarantees on HVAC and dropped the price without me even doing any negotiating (went from $13 to $9 right off the bat). I reworked the layout and while tight, it works out better than I thought. Other good things is that it is dead bang off the highway and is part of a busy restaurant franchise.

The website is in a holding pattern. I've decided to go with an Ecommerce package that will allow me to setup pretty easy and has hooks into what I currently do. I'd rather go with a standalone, but that requires me to do alot more upfront work or hire someone at around $1500 to do the work. I'd rather use the money somewhere else.

Distributors are in a holding pattern. I have my stock picked out, but to get the best price I need to be a customer and to be a customer, I need a lease so.. no movement there.

Fixtures. Researched and holding pattern.

I have a high level of confidence that once the bank gets back to me, and it is positive and I get some concrete numbers from the place I'm now looking at, I'll sit down this weekend and give a go/no go and move forward at a breakneck pace. October 15th is still the target which is pretty aggressive. I could realistically push to November 1st, but I feel that is the absolute latest.

Fun Fun Fun.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote