View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #103
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager notes: Not this again...
Sigh.

After week 14 we were 9-4, with all those losses closes games, on an impressive 3-game streak of blowout victories and wildly in the mix for a bye week. Two big losses later, we're completely out of the playoffs picture. Done, locked into the 7th "seed".

1. Bordeaux 11-4
2. Paris 11-4
3. Maassluis 9-6
4. Gothenburg 7-8

We'll finish the season in Gothenburg. I wouldn't even mind if McAlister and Blair blow out their knees. Wait, did I write that out loud? I mean, they'll be off the team after this game, I had hoped they'd be guiding and carrying us deep into the playoffs, one more time. But so be it.

Our rookie cornerback duo has had its ups and downs, both are currently playing hurt. Kirk Hitchcock is going through his second knee injury, missed a game early on. Tre Poloski has missed 3 games with a broken clavicle.

Third year linebacker Craig McCorkle is having a DPOY kind of season, leading the league in tackles, supporting the pass rush and leading the team with 5 interceptions. Merchantmen worthy material.

All that said, it's been yet another weird, most mostly disappointing season. It's weird that we were 9-4, with all losses close games. Two blowout losses later, we're heavily outgained in yardage numbers. We're gaining a mediocre 358 yards per game and give up a horrible 386 yards. Our red zone defense is depressingly bad. And somehow the Solecismic power ratings puts us in 6th place. Say what?

Is there any good news? Maybe our cap situation next season? 45 players signed, $32.5M under the cap. That will be without a quarterback and running back, but it is what it is. Our draft situation will be par. We'll be picking 20th in all rounds, except for the pickless 7th round and knowing we lost a mid-round 3rd round pick for cap violation.

Or maybe it's our 6th round pick from last season, Artie Blazewicz. 72 catches for 1,035 yards makes him our WR2, but he's also grown into a top5 kickoff returner.

Oh well, there's always next season, right? Right!?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote