View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #790
Radii
Head Coach

-- I continue to play with fire. Sevilla offer me $3M for McDonald Mariga. I am very slowly resigning myself to the fact that he will be leaving, but I want to get paid (and drag it out). I tell them I want $8M.

August 24th, 2019

Ipswich(2-0-1, 7th) @ Stoke(1-0-2, 15th)

For the first time this year we're underdogs at Stoke on the road. They're 5:4 favorites, we're 7:4 dogs. We're 1-2-3 lifetime against them.

GK: Carlos Antonio
D: Kirkland/Burke/Welsh/McKerr
M: Turgay Colak/Mills/Donnelly/Gordon
ST: Hamilton/Constantino

17': Donnelly passes ahead to Constantino, he turns by his man, sprints into the area and has a clear cut chance... and the keeper is able to get to it and make the save. He would normally score there.

37': They have a little counter attack after winning a ball in the midfield. We close down hard on the first man to get the ball but he gets it ahead to their other striker and he's got a complete breakaway. Into the area, Carlos Antonio rushes out... and makes a good stop.

HALF: Not a huge number of good looks here on either team. We actually have some pretty damn low ratings out there, 6.0 from Hamilton and 6.3 from Gordon, 6.2 McKerr, seems like we should be doing more. They actually take 8 shots to our 6, we don't see many of these at all. We do have a 56/44 possession edge, we're losing out in the air today.

63': They have a free kick and send it long towards the area, we've got a lot of men back but somehow let a ball through into the area for a striker... its a clear cut chance for Stoke and Carlos Antonio makes a really good save.

66': We build up on offense, Donnelly plays a pretty ball into the area for Hamilton, Hamilton has our second clear cut chance after making a great cut, but he can't finish.

84': Mariga in for Donnelly, Khan in for Hamilton, Jackson in for Gordon to try to get us a goal at the end.

Its a tie on the road against a decent team. I played a counterattacking strat today and never felt comfortable enough to come out and attack harder than that.

Stoke 0 : 0 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Henrique (7.6)
Notables: Kirkland (7.2), Colak (7.0), Constantino (7.1)

I tend to ignore milestones for reasons I can't explain, I love counting stats:

-- Gordon Donnelly played in his 225th league match
-- Constantino plays in his 75th league match for Ipswich today.

-- I turned down a $400,000 offer from Reading for backup DR Michael McKerr. He's unhappy that I don't let him leave.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote