View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #496
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
What's the smart TV?

Fuck if I know, it's the one in the den (meaning I only see it either roomsurfing OR whenever she gets lost in menu hell). It's a Roku of some sort.

I can't explain her issues with that TV, I really can't. She's at least basics-capable on her phone, her laptop, an iPad. But that TV ... ay yi yi.

I was summoned the other day to try to unfuck it. SOMEHOW -- and I cannot explain how, cause I had to finally hard boot the Dish receiver to get it unstuck -- she was trapped in a loop of DVR recording a music channel.

The disturbing part to me was finding that the (rarely used) DVR was basically full ... of unintentionally recorded music channel stuff, in massive blocks. So clearly this was NOT the first time this had happened.

I saw a headline about how Firesticks might be part of Prime Day sales, that's what started me thinking about this. Her quality of life improves if she could reliably watch Netflix, Prime, some YouTube stuff, on that TV instead of her mobile devices. So I thought MAYBE this could be a leap forward in that direction