View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #373
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go.

Their company starts in the middle of the map. We get the edge. Their BV is about 5000 more than ours, even with our sexy clan tech. Here we go!

We have some hills and woods , not a whole lot else. I begin deploying by tossing our Gunslinger into some heavy woods.

Turn 1 – We win init even with the +2 they get to their initiative (due to the DS). They are on a hill in the center of the map, which is obviously probable, fighting uphill. I need to figure out, do I take out a few mechs, and then focus on the big Conquistador, or vice versa? Whoa, they just blazed their Dart right up to me. The Conquistador has 410 armor on the left side, the area we are attacking. (the rear, while more vulnerable, had massive trees, cliffs, and stuff, and they chose this site well for their folks). I make targets of opportunity instead, to reduce the headaches on the map. That’s the Fafnir, standing in heavy woods and not moving. Our Gunslinger blows the LA off their Uziel with a gauss rifle and its medium lasers hit the gyro and engine once each on their Dart. Our Nobori-Nin hits some heavy gauss ammo in the RA of their Fafnir. Their Maelstrom gets a through armor critical on our Gunslinger and nails the engine once. Three of their mechs fall – Dart, Valkyrie, and Fafnir. Their DropShip misses, mostly, although a gauss slug nails my Crusader.

Turn 2 – We win init again. Our Firestarter leaps into light woods and adjacent to their Fafnir. Our Orion takes some woods to the west of their position. I charge the Daishi up at them too. Our Shadow Cat runs around behind their Stealth. Gauss rifle to your rear? Ouch! Their Fafnir stands. Valkyrie too. The Dart even follows suit. Their Maelstrom moves in and bases some of our units. Our Nobori-nin destroys the RA of that Dart. Our Orion nails the ER PPC on their Wolf Trap. Meanwhile our Enforcer nails the LRM 10 ammo in there and boom!! CASE, but dead mech. Their DropShip nails our Enforcer a few times, and it took 60+ damage from it, but it and our Daishi are standing, while their Stealth and Fafnir fall.

Turn 3 – We lost init this time. Their Fafnir rises and our Daishi bases it. Thgeir Stealth rises and runs behind our Shadow Cat. I move our Marauder into the heavy woods the Fafnir was in and base it too. I move some stuff by their Maelstrom. Our BattleMaster bases it. While running, their Dart falls (gyro hit). It was trying to get behind our Gunslinger. Our Gunslinger’s rear facing medium pulse lasers destroy the LT of their Dart. A large pulse laser from our Daishi shears off the head of their Fafnir. We also destroy its RL. Meanwhile, our BM’s ER PPC lances into their Maelstrom’s H and takes it out too. Two headshot kills of the heaviest two mechs. Dang. Our Shadow Cat’s ER Medium Lasr nbails the CT of their Enforcer III and hits the gyro three times. Dead Enforcer III. On the otherhand, fire lances into our Shadow Cat and it fall shard and destroys its RA from their Conquistador.

Turn 4 – We win init. I eject the Shadow Cat. I hop our Marauder next to their Garm. I run our damaged Daishi into the space with the heavy woods the Marauder left. Their Hellspawn bases or BM, so I walk our Crusader behind the Hellspawn. Meanwhile I hop teh Nobori-nin behind both their Uziel and Stealth. Their Dart tries to stand three times, falls down, breaks its RT and hits its gyro a second time, and its down. Our Marauder takes out the RL on the Garm. Our Gunslinger destroys the RT of their Hellspawn, and that’s a kill/shut down with an XL engine. The Garm obviously tumbles.

Turn 5 – We lose init. Whoa! Five squads of powered armor infantry are pouring of the Conquistador! Their Garm stays on the ground. Their JagerMech III tears into my Enforcer some more. Our Daishi destroys the RA and RT of their Stealth. Engine shutdown. Our Marauder takes out the RT, LL, of their Garm. Two legs dead is a kill. Their Conquistador just savages our Starslayer and destroys its RA and RL.

Turn 6 – We lose init. I eject the Starslayer. I have to move my Gunslinger from it’s sniper spot, and our Nobori-Nin is guarding its rear. Our Nobori-Nin finishes their Nightsky by destroying it’s HD with an LB10X without the shotgun shot. Before it dies, it destroys the RA on the Nin. Meanwhile the Gunslinger’s gauss cracks the Uziel open and hits an engine twice on it. Our Marauder destroys the LA of their Valkyrie. Our Enforcer takes even more damage, loses a RL to the Conquistador, and falls.

Turn 7 – We lose again. We eject the Enforcer. RA of their Valkyrie destroyed by the Marauder. I’m focusing fire on their DropShip.

Turn 8 – We win initiative back again. I expose our Firestarter to base their Uziel. The first damage is dealt to the Conquistaor. Our BAatleMaster hits the Fire Control System and a crit on a weapons bay, injures crew, killing two outright, and hits sensors. Meanwhile that Nobori Nin nails the engine and gyro on their Uziel, once each. Engine shut down. They rock the Firestarter, internal, no major damage, and it stands.

The only mechs left are a Valkyrie, badly damaged, and a virtually untouched JagerMech III. Meanwhile, we’ve gone massively internal of the Conquistador, which is weakened.

They surrender. We have captured a Conquistador and some other fun stuff.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote