View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #377
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 7, 3066 –

“Correct, and that’s why we are coming out against the pro-Davion side in the Civil War. Katrina’s forces haven’t attacked us once. Not one time has a single mech of hers landed, or a wing of her fighters come towards us. She could have tried to do so at Keid or New Home or Liberty, or at Nanking or Zurich, or at Small World. But she never did.

But here we have a pro-Davion unit, who specifically violated the agreement, and marched a lance of mechs beyond their line. Then they did so with a battalion a few days later once again, en masse. Intentionally. And this wasn’t the first time. Pro-Victor units destroyed buildings and infrastructure on Zurich as well.”

….

“Hmmm? No, I don’t think that this was an example of mercenaries going rogue. First of all, remember that I’ve been a mercenary since 3030. That’s more than 30 years of battles and contracts. I know the mercenary world, and I can tell you that people hire mercenaries to do things all of the time intentionally, in order to avoid the blame. That’s exactly what happened here. Exactly.”

“How do I know? It’s simple. Outreach is the Mercenary Mecca, and its one jump away from Small World. If you wanted to hire some mercenaries to come over and smash, the Federated Commonwealth could have done a lot better than to have hired a unit with a D- rating. There were multiple units on planet, not on contract, that were not even approached by the 5th FC RCT. I’ve provided you all with a list of the units with a rating of C or better on world that could have been hired. They intentionally hired a unit with a low reputation on purpose, to increase the likelihood that it would not come back on them.

Well it will. As of today, we are declaring the anti-Katrina forces of Victor Ian Steiner-Davion persona non grata in the Celestial Coalition. They are to remove themselves from our space lanes and recharge stations in one week’s time, or will force them out. They are no longer welcome in any of our systems, and we will deny them furlough on our planets.

You cannot come to wage a war with someone else on one of our planets, agree to keep the conflict away from our citizens, and then ignore us and our people. We will strike back. Citizens should no longer be a casualty of this war, or any other, and it’s time that Victor learned that lesson.

Victor Ian Steiner-Davion. I want you to listen to me. You are not the good guy here. You are not the white knight. Your armies have violated treaties, your supporters have violated the Ares Conventions, and you have not pulled them back. You are not the white knight. It’s time you realized that. If you want to be, you need to clean up your own back yard first.”

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote