View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #386
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I will be leading with the King Crab.

Turn 1 – We lose initiative. Their Centurion races behind our Charger, so I move our Excalibur, Mad cat, and such. Our Orion nails the lrm ammo on their Trebuchet with its LB10X after it took a little damage and the CASE stilfed explosion still shuts the thing right on down. Meanwhile our Guillotine IIc’s pulse lasers carve into their Spider and destroy its RL. It falls right on down. We double kick their Centurion and it falls.

Turn 2 – We lose initiative again. I charge again with the King Crab leading the way. None of their lighter mechs want to get near it, I thas a nasty zone of control with its paired AC20s. Our Clint, Excalibur, SHD IIC and Orion base their Warhammer. Their Stealth falls as it gets a MASC failure. Their Centurion rises fine though. I try to unload some serious power on that Quickdraw. LRM missiles from the Mad Cat take out the RT of their Centurion. Dead mech. All three AC20s that I have missed (Charger, 2x King Crab. Sigh). Despite taking 100+ damage, their Warhammer is still standing. We kick it three out of four changes, and it can’t make every roll, falls, hits its hip. That’s it.

One of the obvious questions is, when will they flee? They are facing a huge number of heavier assault and heavy mechs, without even one assault to call their own. They have green pilots, and a quartet of lower tech units. We have a lance of clan tech units and vet pilots. How long would you really want to throw good mechs after bad, as a mercenary?

After losing a Trebuchet, Centurion, getting a Warhammer savaged and Spider legged, they aren’t here for profit any longer, so they begin gto head out and leave.

Trebuchet missing RT
Centurion, missing RT
Spider missing RL

Kills – Orion, Mad Cat

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote