View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #389
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are on a map with train tracks, the road, some water to the west and some trees and buildings there too.

Turn 1 – We win init. Remember they are trying to escape, so we can retreat anytime and keep the field. I grab some woods in the south with my units and move in. We have a spot of fire exchange as well. They destroy the LL on our Trebuchet. I didn’t blow out any of their units. The hex with the Trebuchet was on fire though, so yay!

Turn 2 – We win init again. They are charging our position in the north, with some light woods and lighter mechs (Phoenix Hawk, Corvis, Bumblebee). In order to help protect our downed Trebuchet, I hop the Alexander into woods on the west flank by their Charger and Valkyrie. A few mechs move out on the south flank, like one of their Wolfhounds, which just based my Behemoth. I leap our PXH to the rear of their Hunchback. Their Locust bases our Awesome. I move the Kintaro in the check this stuff out. Nothing major in the exchange of fire, but we knock down their Whitworth, Enforcer, and Valkyrie. Our PXh took some damage but is fine. Our Kintaro kicks the Locust’s RL and destroys it. Our Awesome kicks its LL and LT and blows through them both. Meanwhile our Behemoth kicks their Wolfhound, and it falls and destroys its RL in the tumble. Hmm. I would have figured we’d have blown through a few enemies by now. I need to concentrate and take out more of these folks.

Turn 3 – We lose it. Their Locust ejects and the Wolfhound stays on the ground by the Behemoth. Their Valkyrie rises after falling once. Their Whitworth, on the other hand, fails twice, and on the third fail, blacks out. Nasty. Their Enforcer stands easily too. I leap our Pixie back into some woods. A Nightsky runs near my southern team. A Cicada follows. I leap the Alexander away. Here comes a Starslayer as well. They are pushing. Our Highlander IIc nails the LT on their Enforcer 5D and destroys it, dead mech. Our Kingfisher destroys the RA on their Nightsky with an ER PPC. Who falls? Their Wraith and Nightsky. Unfortunately, they set the hex with the Kingfisher on fire – which is not good. That’ll spread to the other woods down here and turn my turtle position into a bad place to be. Our Excalibur and Behemoth kick and destroys the LL, RA, and RT of that Wolfhound as well

Turn 4 – We lose init. Their Nightsky fails to move up three itmes. Then a fourth time. Their Starslayer bases some of my stuff. I decide to hop the Alexander over again. They base it with a Jav, and its next to a Griffin. I run the Thunder to the north to help on that flank. Their Cicada gets near our Trebuchet, still on the ground. Our Kintaro bases it. Our Behemoth tears through the RA and RT of their Enforcer III and shuts it down. The Excalibur nails the engine on a Huncback 6S with its gauss rifle. Meanwhile our Awesome ovheats to slag a lotof stuff on the Hunchback, including its LA and LB20x weapon. Finally the Highlander Iic destroys that LT and its down. We drop their Griffin and Starslayer to the ground. We kick a bunch, but nothing too major happened. Their Withworth pilot awakened.

This is going to be the turn we turned the battle around

Turn 5 – We lose init. This time their Whitworth rises. They lead their Anvil out to smash us. I move their Thunder to base it. Their Griffin on the ground misses rises once, twice, then three. Three failures by their Nightsky, but then stands. Our Kintaro runs next to that Nightsky. Their Starslayer fails, falls, and the pilot blacks out. Our Thunder cracks open the Anvil’s LL and hits a hip and upper leg actuator. Then its LRM5 destroys the Griffin #2’s LA. The Corvis nails the RT of their other Wolfhound and destroys it. Our Thunder took 40+ damage and fell, as did their Anvil and Nightsky. The Nightsky pilot blacked out on falling.

They call it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote