View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #889
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I guess I am just missing the correlation.

Bump Stocks werent a hidden thing. They were advertised in every magazine, online forum and gun shop you can imagine. It wasnt a surprise. When they were used for Las Vegas then outrage moved to get them legislated.

[i]
Automatic weapons are already blanketly illegal for everyone but a select few with super stringent licensure and background requirement that take ~1 year to complete.

What is the concern?

That's the point about bump stocks. Had they been legislated with some foresight perhaps the Las Vegas shooting doesn't happen or not to the magnitude it did.

Regarding the automatic weapons debate, it is semantics between what is an automatic weapon and what is semi automatic, etc...and is one the gun enthusiast always deflects to in an attempt to invalidate the argument from the other side. IMO any weapon that can fire multiple rounds in a short period of time needs to be regulated. I realize you do not agree, and never will, so the point is a moot one.

The concern isn't about what can be done with 3d printers today, its where the technology will advance to and the potential it has 5-10-15 years down the line.

As for what can be done, I'm honestly not sure. Perhaps make it illegal to distribute the plans online, obviously there is the dark web, etc...but it would be a start.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote