View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #360
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

OK, I finally have the RPIs all done and have the teams ranked. There are 152 teams.. the 128 original teams plus 24 winners from other conference tournaments.

Of the 24 non-original teams, 14 will compete in the NCAA tournament. 4 will be 14 seeds, 4 15 seeds, and 2 16 seeds, with the other 4 in play-in games for the other 16 seeds. Granted, some of these teams could have been seeded higher, but I chose to just have them at the bottom since they weren't actually in this dynasty the whole time.

Those other 10 teams going to the NIT, 4 will be 10 seeds (I'm making the NIT a 40 team tournament), 4 will be 9 seeds, and 2 will be 8 seeds.

Now the original 128 teams have all been ranked. Seedings for the NCAA tournament will change some based on auto bids. I can't remember how many auto bids I had right off hand, but the teams have been ranked specifically based on a combined formula. I took their records, RPI, and conference RPI and combined them, then divided by 3 to give them a final percentage. Conference RPI was based on an average of the 16 teams in the conference, and RPI was based on 35% of the team RPI, and 65% of the opponent RPI. They will be seeded just as they are ranked, it's the easiest way to do it.

I'll do the same with the NIT teams, and that leaves 44 teams. I will have a CBI and a CIT, but I haven't decided yet how many teams to have in each. I'm leaning toward 24 for the CBI and 20 for the CIT.

I'm hoping to have all the seedings done by the weekend. I am going to try to make it so that no first round games in any tournament involve A. Conference teams, or B. teams that played each other in the non-conference portion of the season.

Anybody have any questions or comments? We're in the final stretch on this, it's tourney time baby! I know you all are on the edges of your seats wanting to see if your team made the big dance, or some other tournament that nobody cares about.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote