Old 11-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #55
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

WEEK ONE, DAY SEVEN (SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH) RECAP

MORNING WEIGH-IN

Thread Begin Weight: 176.8
Training Plan Begin Weight: 188.1
Race Day Goal Weight: 165-170
2013-14 Low: 172.4 (represents my lowest weight since I was in my early 20s, maybe late teens)

EXERCISE
Sunday is a "Cross-Train Or Rest" day in the RLRF plan. With the intensity of the Saturday workout this week being ramped up by the temperature, I chose to just rest.

NUTRITION
Budget: 2192 (this was the first day back to the "1/2 pound per week" LoseIt plan, so the budget increased by 250 per day)
Consumed: 2250-ish*

Fat93.1g36.2%
Saturated Fat22.5g
Cholesterol285mg
Sodium867.8mg
Carbohydrates206.1g35.6%
Fiber57.6g
Sugars67.2g
Protein162.9g28.2%

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, triple berry blend, walnuts, morning delight bulk granola
Lunch: pork tenderloin, black beans
Dinner: smoothie: 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milke, 50g kale, 100g blueberries, 2 scoops whey protein
Snacks: apple and assorted nuts*
Water Consumption: 64 oz. + one glass

*--The wife made a Whole Foods run on Saturday evening, which means that the three big bins in the pantry got filled up with walnuts, almond slices, and pistachios that we buy in bulk. They are my biggest "unplanned and unlogged snack" temptation right now. I'm going to try moving those to the back of the pantry and put the bulk stuff that has to be cooked (black beans, quinoa, steel-cut oats, etc.) in front to make it harder to just grab some. Sunday's calorie and nutrient totals include estimates for the amount of nuts I ate. I may not have made this clear prior to now in this thread, but otherwise I weigh/measure virtually everything I consume these days, and almost always pre-plan my nutrition for the day.

COMMENTS
Even with the nuts yesterday, I'm still on target for a bit of loss from yesterday, and may well be 15 pounds lighter than last Monday's 188.1, though that weight was inflated, I'm sure, by the high sodium of the ribs I had on Sunday evening, and the fact that said ribs and the butter pecan ice cream and extra pecans that I had for dessert were at least partially undigested when I weighed on Monday. Bottom line: it's good to be back near the lowest weight I've seen since my early 20s (172.4 on October 14th and October 17th of this year).