View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #78
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

It's pretty remarkable that I can have the self-discipline and focus to go from ~280 to the low 170s in 9 months and then lose self-discipline and focus to get from the low 170s to 165. I've been farting around with not logging calories and just eating to hunger the last couple of weeks. That ain't working. It's time to get back on a strict calorie count. I weighed in at 181.4 a few minutes ago.

To update on the rest of last week, dealing with the head cold, I decided to just do the three key runs--no weight training or cycling. Tuesday's update is above.

Thursday--Tempo Run. 1 mile warmup, 4 miles @7:35, 1 mile cooldown. I did the tempo portion @ 7:25 and felt pretty good: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/412417430

Saturday--Long Run. 20 miles @ 9:05. Actual pace was 8:42. Garmin Connect - Sign In

As I said, I really need to get back to a strict calorie count. I'm going to go with the 1/2-pound per week plan for now, and only eat additional calories for exercise on long run day. That seems to work well for me. I get plenty to eat so that I'm not hungry, but lose weight consistently. And logging. I need to log my eating and exercise here daily like I was. I'd really like to be at 165ish by February 1st so I'm not trying to lose any weight for the last 4 weeks before the race. I do seem to run a little stronger when I'm eating a bit more, but it seems that the ideal would be to run the race with as little excess belly fat as is healthy.