Thread: Kyler Murray
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

He actually submitted his name on Friday, so the A's already knew. And he has 72 hours to withdraw. I wish he'd declare for the draft, go play baseball, and just let a team draft him where he goes. But I guess if they think Arizona is gonna take him 1.1, then that might be too tempting not to do it, no matter what the A's offer.

We're all talking like it's a certainty that it'll all work out, but if he has a not great combine or pro day, his stock falls. I doubt he falls out of the 1st round no matter what, but...why hire Boras and sign with the A's if your end game is just to go to the NFL anyway.

I still think he ends up on the baseball diamond when this is all done, it's just football rules the roost and he might even want to play it more, but...the unknowns are super obvious and there are just so many ways this could go wrong before he even has a full season under his belt.

Baseball is the safer route, and while he'll sacrifice the money in the short term, history indicates the NFL will still be interested in a few years if baseball somehow didn't pan out.

I mean, 1st round talent or not what do we think his ceiling is as an NFL quarterback?

I'm wondering if part of his desire is just to be the first guy to be drafted 1st round in both sports, because no one has ever done that.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote