Thread: Kyler Murray
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #42
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
That's nothing, Derek Anderson has 2M/season. If he makes the majors, after a few years, he's pretty much guaranteed bank. Just looked up an ok player, Johnny Damon, who took home 100M+ during his career not including endorsements. And baseball contracts are guaranteed. Look at Tulo and guys like that, sign monster deals (Tulo was paid 40M after his release). If you are above average in MLB, you are banked. Shit, Nick Markakis has pulled in 100M+.

But that is assuming he makes the majors, and is an average player. No safe assumption. Myriads of guys flame out in the minors, and at that point the NFL may not be waiting.

I went back and looked up the 2016 MLB first round. I consider myself a huge baseball fan. Watch tons of games. Play between $200-$300 a night in DFS. Last year was ranked in the top 300 of players out of 23K. I know most guys on most rosters.

From the 2016 first round I recognized one name. Eric Lauer.

Went to 2015. Recognized 7, and that was considered a great year. Guys like Bregman, Benintendi, and Happ to name a few.

Point being, making the majors, even as a high pick, is such a longshot.

Is there a bit of risk.reward if he does turn ot to be an above average MLB player, sure, but odds are he will do better in the NFL.

The other thing to factor in is all signs are pointing to MLB owners trying to scale back the huge deals guys get.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote