View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Just speculation or do you have a source, B-ball?

This is certainly the direction things are going. If it's going to happen, it needs to happen now. I think it's patently unfair to let Alden hire a new coach then let him go a few months later and tie a new AD to Alden's coach. My intuition has suggested to me that the university will do what they did when Quin was hired -- appoint Sunvold head of the coach search, let him hire the coach, then shove Alden out the door and slide Sunvold in a few months down the road when the furor has died down.

There is no doubt Elson Floyd wants Alden out -- he's wanted him out since the Ricky Clemons saga if not before. Of course, a growing number of the alumni want both of them out. I think what Floyd did to Chancellor Deaton was reprehensible -- to basically say that he doesn't trust the revew Deaton did and wants to do his own. He's know thrown Deaton under the bus with everyone else.

Sunvold's public comments have been very telling -- instead of the "I have no interest in the job at this time" line, he's giving the "I don't want to say anything to undermine someone who currently has the job." That's a sure sign Sunvold wants the job, and I think he'd be great. He put Bill Self and Quin Snyder in a hotel six years ago and gave them to Mike Alden to make a choice. He's a good businessman, he knows his stuff and his sharp about athletics. And the alumni love him. He'd be a home run.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote