View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #230
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Gattis is a great story. I was convinced they were gonna go with Pagnozzi at the beginning of spring training and start Gattis at AAA playing catcher every day. After Evan's spring training performance, I don't think they had much of a choice but to start him in the bigs. It'll be interesting to see the moves they make when McCann returns.

There's no doubt the Braves will score runs, but how will the pitching hold up? The depth at AAA doesn't look particularly deep, so hopefully every one will pitch well/stay healthy until Beachy returns.

Maholm is solid but it's true there are questions everywhere else in the rotation. Hudson's done well over the last few years but he is 37. Medlen was amazing at the end of last season but it was only 12 starts. Same with Minor, I don't know if is he more like first half of 2012 Mike Minor or the guy from the second half of the season. And while Teheran is a bright prospect who dominated this spring, he still has to prove he can do it when it matters.

But I think with the great bullpen and strong lineup the Braves might be able to get away with one or two of these guys struggling a bit.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote