View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #161
NevStar
High School Varsity

WEEK 2

This week I started off fantastically. I exercised every day from Sunday thru Thursday. I had my first personal training session, where my trainer had me doing lots of core & body weight exercises. It's very different from what I've ever done before. I was kind of disappointment that he didn't give a little more structure... I work with him once a week, but work by myself another 4-5 times a week, no plan for those days? I think I have enough knowledge to implement my own plan that will mesh well with the work I do with him, but would like to have seen a suggestion from him.

I visited my family from Friday thru Monday. It didn't start so well & ended even worse. My parents picked me up at the airport & on the ride home we stopped at a restaurant. I had already eaten, but my parents insisted I order something.

"What do you mean you'll just have coffee? You like this ham & sausage skillet, order it!"

"Well, ok... (I can just skip breakfast tomorrow, I guess)"

This continued & by the end of the weekend, it was..

"Do I want a third piece of cake? Of course I do!"

I was disappointed by my lack of willpower & stunned that since I was around people who've known me all my life as the fat, lazy guy, I reverted back to what they thought I was. I got no exercise (apart from wrestling with the dog for 10 minutes).

Since it's impossible to lock myself in an isolation tank for 9 months while I lose weight, I'm going to have to come to terms with this. If I can't change other people's perceptions of me, I'm going to have to do my best to resist them.

RESULTS
Since I was out of town, this weigh-in was one day later.

Starting Weight (1/1/07): 445
Last Week's Weight: 438
Current Weight (1/16): 434 (-4)
Total Weight Lost: 11

Fortunately, my weekend binge didn't hurt too much (only a one pound gain from an unofficial weigh-in on Wednesday). I have another training session tonight & want to get right back into the swing of things. I took a minute to feel bad about my failure this weekend & hope to start right back up again.

Last edited by NevStar : 01-16-2007 at 10:37 AM.
NevStar is offline   Reply With Quote