View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #91
Radii
Head Coach

I'm still in the same spot here, figured I'd give a very brief update since I decided to log in for something

My weight has shifted between 305-315 for most of the last 4 months. At this point I feel like its entirely psychological. I can lose weight with fasting, and I can lose weight with calorie reduction when its done via a low carb diet. My doctor is pleased because I have been on keto about 75% of the time over the last four months, so my bloodwork numbers look great, but my weight isn't dropping because when I'm off track I'm a train wreck calorie-wise.

I feel like the #1 thing I need to work on in my life is not turning to food for comfort or in times of stress. In the last 4 months I have cut my mother 100% out of my life after a string of major incidents with her, have spent a month travelling, and have spent $2000 in three different stretches at the vet eventually and unfortunately ending in putting my cat to sleep a few days ago. My way of coping with these events is the current story of my weight loss efforts - because my way of coping with these things is with food.

Its funny, because I had sort of recognized that before I stopped posting here - by stating a few times that was really looking forward to the winter because I expected it to be a nice, boring time with no distractions where I could focus heavily on work and weight loss.

When I've been off and on with keto I've approached things a few different ways, sometimes ignoring fasting and just wanting to get steadily back on keto with calorie restriction for awhile, and sometimes jumping right back into fasting. As far as whether it keeps me on track, it doesn't *seem* to matter.

I have decided that longer fasts are not for me at this time. That the "alternate day" fasting can work very very well for me. Even with my overall weight unchanged, I did set a goal for 2018 to fast for 75 total days this year. I have fasted for 12 so far over the first 3 months, but never two days in a row. Those fasts are all in the 32-42 hour range, I believe I'm getting some benefit from that even with my volatility otherwise.

The one thing I can say is of the 30'ish pounds I lost last year, for all my struggles, I haven't re-gained it. That's a positive. But at some point I can't just sit at 305-315, gotta keep moving in the right direction.

Last edited by Radii : 03-25-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote