View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The League Cup was drawn. Group A is not that bad – Arouca, Braga ,Maritimo - we didn’t get matched up against a Big Three team. Although Braga won last year. These matches have been scheduled for..right now really.

Group A:

Madeira at home vs Maritimo – Dec 29th
Braga hosting Madeira – Jan 15th
Arouca hosting Madeira – Jan 25th

My scouting reports returned. Any bums in here worth signing?

Nah, Nah, Yes but he won’t come to us, Nah, yes but too pricey, yes plus but too pricey, Nah

Here are ones I like but too expensive – Paulinho, Very good AMC, ST, MR, ML, AML, AMR, and even MC. So flexible and awesome. Also great at set pieces (16 free kick, 15 corners, etc) – would be a great pickup up, and he’s 27/ And he’d come, but, he’s starting t 5.750 a week. Whoa – my club will let me pay up to 5500 – that’s crazy – I’m just 1800 below my cap right now. Maybe I could wait unil January, I’ll often get a notice from my board saying I’m doing better, would I like to change our goals, and give me more money if yes. I’ll hold off. But I do like him. A lot. Plus he’s cheaper than the guy I just licked Jackson, of Toronto FC.

Joao Aurelio was named Team of the Week – Skolnik is back from injury and hale, but not match fit at all.

Jardel, on loan, is out for 2 months with an injury

We will be moving Skolnik to the starting spot. But I may pull him early.

League Cup Time!

Braga and Aroulca tied before this match. So if there is a winner, they’ll have the early lead in the group. Rondon gets the ball on a break and lofts a beautiful pass down half the pitch on an onsides Djaniny, who finishes 1:1 Vs the keeper. We score before 5 minutes have passed. Rondon misses a beautiful and deep pass by Candeais. Candeias then lofts another cross to Rondon in the 19th minute, the GK gets to the ball and punches it free, and Rondon gets to it, has three defenders on him, so he passes to Djaniny who is certain to score against an open net and sinks it. 2-0 in the first 20 minutes. A cross and header at the 28th minute put Maritimo within one goal at 2-1. Mexer gets a yellow. Reginaldo and Candeais play a back and forth pass on the right side until Candeias feeds it to Reginaldo, playing the AMC spot, who then scores. 3-1 at the 37th minute. Then Rafa intercepts a pass deep into their territory and lofts it to Djaniny who plays it to Rondon who scores in the 42nd minute. 4-1. Half time. Rafa is injured badly and down to 49% in the 55th minute to I pull him for Costinha. I also pull Mexer too, I don’t want a double yellow to give them a path back in. In heads Rodrigues. Even Costinha is up for it, he makes some interceptions and such. Assuming we don’t have a collapse of epic proportions, I think we’ll have some excited fans after this victory in the Cup against our rivals. A Rondon-Djaniny goal is called offsides in the 65th minute. They score in the 69th off another cross-header. 4-2. They get a 3rd goal in just two minutes later and things have changed just like that. They get in another score two minutes later. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH. I go aggressive and make my final sub. Marcal wastes a nice offensive move with a crazy long shot. Penalty kick in the 89:35 mark on our guy. Skolnik. Rondon sinks it. I move to Counter. We win, 5-4. Once again, we live by the penalty kick.

Djaniny is MOM – this was a new record high for goals scored in a single game of the event. It is also a record number of goals scored in a match for us – we have never scored 5 in a game before.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote